American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

Green Day before American Idiot - a noisy in your face band with nice guitar riffs and speedy drumming and vocals (excluding Good Riddance). Green Day with American Idiot - a more mature Green Day with a controlled paced guitar and drums and more controlled better sound with more mature vocals. Green Day really matures with this album! Enough said! On this album, it shows how Green Day really dislike the US gouvernement and want to finally state something. They do this buy a story Billie Joe Armstrong made up. It is about a boy named the Jesus Of Suburbia who hates his town (assuming his town is an example of some other country besides America). He leaves home and goes to America where he finds it's much worse so he comes home again. Green Day on albums like Dookie, Nimrod and Insomniac use all punk songs fast paced with speedy drumming. On American Idiot they use a bunch of different styles like ballad, punk, grunge, folk and so on and so forth. The sound is pitch on their other albums Billie Joe always sang at some parts slightly off key but that's because he wasn't 100% musically trained. Now he is 100% musically trained and he can sing different types of styles of music. Same with Mike Dirnt on bass and Tre Cool on drums they learned how to drum and play bass at all sorts of styles. Who knows maybe in the future, Tre Cool may use an African drum in one of their songs!

The overall impact of the lyrics is the best part about this album. It's simple Green Day goes political! They say that the people of America are being brainwashed the gouvernement and the media and they the US population has to be themselves. It think it is a great message because personally I agree with Green Day's message. Green Day delivers the message in a way everyone can enjoy. Good job!

This is by far Green Day's best album! This is the first classic record of the 21st Century (well other then Coldplay's A Rush Of Blood To The Head). This is a concept at it's best! Definatly the best album since Nirvana's Nevermind or Guns N' Roses' Apetite For Destruction and the best concept album since Pink Floyd's The Wall and The Who's Tommy. The 3 most impressive songs on this album are these three (drum roll) Letterbomb, (drum roll) Wake Me Up When September Ends, (drum roll) and Are We The Waiting. This is the album that will save music, I know because bands like U2, Audioslave, The White Stripes and Coldplay are coming out with new stuff and they are doing it because Green Day's album is inspiring the return of rock n' roll and good music and all these other bands are joining. It is the downfall of bad music all that hip-hop/rap/pop is now going slightly down the tubes and that's a good thing. Hip-hop/rap and diva pop is a waste of CD room in my opinion and in my opinion it's not even music. What I love about this album - everything! Great message delivered in a great sound it's brilliant! Nothing to hate! If I lost it I would buy it again period. This album made me a better person I a way now I'm not afraid to speak my mind and to try to change things in the world in a positive way. Great job Green Day I hope you get inducted into the rock n' roll hall of fame and that you guys keep going farther and farther.