American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

Green Day revolutionized into something more either very full of adrenaline, more calm, or more cheering. Green Day's style is still almost the same but the songs are what have changed. The genre of the music played in the album is punk rock opera. Something that surprises about this album is that sometimes when a note is played, you expect a certain note to be played after that one, but another unexpected note plays instead. That is pretty good how Green Day make some cacophonies work.

The lyrics make more sense than the rest of the songs in the past albums. Billie Joe is so damn creative! I mean who would've come up with something like "Jesus Of Subutbia" or "St. Jimmy"! All the songs are good. Billie Joe's voice is very melodic in this album. I was surprised to hear Tre Cool singing, he did it pretty well but different, he's got style. Mike's background vocals were excellent. All of their lyrics mix along with the music very well!

It's very different to every other punk rock band. All the songs are good musically and lyrically. The best song for me is "Jesus Of Suburbia" because of how they play 5 songs as one and making them fit in pretty well as well as "Homecoming." Also "St. Jimmy" is a very good song because of all the stuff it talks about it's pretty creative. And of course all the singles launched are very impressive. The best thing about this album is the lyrics, they're so creative and how thos lyrics get familiarized with the music. I would definitely buy the album again to be listening to such wonderfull music and also to give the band a couple more bucks to their pockets.