American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

Amazing sound. This is Green Day's first pop/rock album, soit's not so much towards the old Green Day fans, but it's opened to a new audience. In Blvd. Of Broken Dreams, a whammy bar is used to create the background sound and then they use half acoustic half electric to play the amazing song. This Technique is also used in Wake Me Up When September Ends.

A lot of explicit content type lyrics are used, so it's not really for children. And a lot of the songs are somewhat emo for their taste, but they're still political as ever. If you listen closely to the following songs: American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia (not so much though), Holiday, Homecoming and a few others of which I cannot remember. They will be talking about topics like the war on gas, the media, and many other substantial and political topics. And They seem to be able to match up lyrics almost perfectly to the music so that they aren't rapping, or singing like Ozzy, but are actually singing lyrics.

If you didn't like Green Day before, you will feel differently now. The album is one of the greatest albums I've ever listened to, so I definitely recommend it. My personal favorites are Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, American Idiot, Give Me Novacaine, and almost every other song on the album.