American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

As usual Green Day flat out rocks. I was impressed by how this cd differed from the others. I did like how this whole cd kind of went along with a story. I did prefer their older CD's such as Dookie or Insomniac but this one was worth buying. I do remember the good old days where it seemed like they weren't just in it for the money but it looked like they had fun with it. I was disappointed with the radio stations, TV, stores, the library, no matter where you go you can not escape Green Day. American Idiot, Holiday, Blvd. Of Broken Dreams, Sure they all started out as good songs but after hearing them for the 50-billionth time it gets a little annoying. I would very much appreciate if they played either other songs off American Idiot or played music from their older CD's.

I enjoyed the lyrics pretty much over all. I like how it followed along with a story (as seen above) I was a little disappointed with Blvd. Of Broken Dreams because I could have cut that song in half the time it took to do it. I did like the solo at the end. I bet there is an angry mob of Green Day fans behind me that are going to kill me the moment I turn around. Billie Joe's voice is amazing because if you go to a concert or see a live performance over TV you can't tell much difference between his voice live and his voice on the CD.

I'm not going to try to compare this to anything else. I am not quite sure how if they let out another album how it will compare or match this one but Green Day hasn't ever failed to amaze me. I like prettey much everything about the album except the fact they overplay the songs on the radio. If it were stolen or lost I would buy it again as long as it isn't so expensive.