American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

This album is probably not green day's best, but it is good nonetheless. I ended up buying this album mainly because it had Boulevard Of Broken Dreams on it, but I ended up liking the song Jesus Of Suburbia and Homecoming, mainly because there is a lot of variety in those songs, lyric wise as well as music wise. For instance there is the more mellow songs like Are We the Waiting and Wake Me Up When September Ends, and then there are the harder songs, like St. Jimmy and American Idiot. So overall the sound on this album is pretty good, nothing phenomonal though.

The lyrics on this album are a little more serious, so instead of singing about masturbation (Longview) the band's lyrics are a little more centered on the state of the country and that sorta thing, like in American Idiot and Holiday. A name that constantly appears in the lyrics is St. Jimmy, there is also a mention to Jesus of Suburbia in Homecoming, so in case you haven't figured it out, this album is more like a story and is meant to be heard all at once. So overall the lyrics on this album are pretty good, but yet again, nothing phenomonal.

My favorite songs on this album would have to be Whatsername, and Jesus of Suburbia. However, I don't like the song "Extraordinary Girl," mainly because it just sucks, no other way to say it. Whatsername is probably the best song on this album, but that is just my opinion, you really have to listen to the album yourself and figure out what your mnost favorite and most hated songs are. Overall, this is a pretty good album, though I do think that Green Day has had better songs and albums. Though it is nothing phenomonal or ground-breaking, I strongly reccomend that you buy this album. I hope that this review has helped you, and keep on rockin'.