American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

The fact that Green Day were starting to get old in the music scene didn't stop them from making a new album. They had a vision, of an album that would send them to the top. With American Idiot they did just that. American idiot is not only an album, it's a story. St. Jimmy, Jesus Of Suburbia, and Watsername are all characters that you will meet as you pop the album into your CD player and start off the tracks great start to a series of good times, American Idiot. The style of this album is not exactly what Green Day used to be, and they did lose a lot of old fans, but only hardcore Green Day fans would stick with them through this time of change. When I first heard this album I didn't think I would become so attached, but as I started to understand the story I couldn't resist listening to the songs hundereds of times.

The lyrics all reflect the story. I don't really want to give away any of it's amazing glory. It's just crazy how they managed to come up with such a story.

Personally I think that the most impressive songs that Green Day did on this album would have to be Homecoming, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, and American Idiot. There amazing songs and great for just plain old listening to. I love this album because of the story. Again I go back to the story. It's like as if you actually know more than the characters know and you feel like you want to know more but you can't fill in the peices, and that's what I think an album should do. Make you wonder. Yes if it was stolen or lost I would for sure buy another one. Without a doubt. Even if it cost $10 more than I originally payed for it I would still buy it! Overall it's a great album that no Green Day fan should miss. And if you don't like Green Day then I would just like you do know that you are missing out on a great bunch of songs.