American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Green Day: American Idiot

For the sound of this album I was pretty disapointed for one main reason and that was that the it wasnt really something new for me. For me it was just one more band that put a couple of power chords together and made an album. Those kind of bands are normally the less talented bands. Talented bands use more complex chords and normally include solos bands like AC/DC where almost every song had a solo in it those were the talented bands.

The only thing I really liked about this album was there lyrics and greenday normally has good lyrics. They didn't normally have any easy rhymes most of them where very well put together. On the other hand there lyrics are just like a lot of the other bands out there right now its all around a fad. That fad is problems wiiht the governement every band right now seems to be making songs about the government and that there idiots. Well I say if uou care that much why don't you follow in the "terminator's" foot steps and run for governer of some city.

My overall impression for this album was pretty bad my friends had told me that this album was supposed to be really good but it was actully pretty bad. If you are reading this letter and are a fan of Green Day you're probably mad as hell about what I'm saying but I'm just telling you the cold hard truth that Green Day is just one more none talented band that is sticking with what is easy powerchords there also just following whats supposedly in at the moment.