American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Green Day: American Idiot

Most people say green day got better. I think they got worse. A lot worse. Their music is completely different than their older albums. There's a lot more pop sound to the music than punk. They even started using guitar tremelo effects. I was very disappointed with some of the songs in this album. Some were good with good guitar parts like Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends. The rest are either okay or are full of shit. The bass was so much better in their older albums. You could hear it easier. In this album you could barely hear it and it ticks me off.

The only thing I think improved was Billie Joe's voice. It has a much more bass tone to it compared to albums like Kerplunk and Dookie. His voice sounds so so awesome. I like the lyrics but they really really suck compared to older albums. Their older albums are original ones that people can relate to and can make people think about the lyrics. The new ones don't but just tell a story. I like how Billie Joe wrote the entire album about the Jesus of Suburbia but I'd prefer their older lyrics.

American idiot was kinda disappointing and impressive at the same time. The music and lyrics in their older songs are better compared to their new stuff. The only improvement I saw was in Billie Joe's voice. My favorite songs are Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Wake Me UP When September Ends. The lyrics from their older songs are reflected in those songs. If it was lost I'd but it again but maybe not because I have all of the songs on iTunes.