American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

I think Green Day did a great job on this CD. 2 songs sound the same but they a great job on the other songs sounding different from each other. They didn't do very much lead stuff in their music but they did a great job mixing it and making the CD sound great! They definately have a variety this time in their style. Billy (singer) definately has an originallity in his voice. They did a very good job in this CD. Each song definately has a good rhythm and tone to it.

They definately give their own opinion with their views and that's great. Some of it I don't necessarily agree with, but all together they did a good job. Like I said Billy has an originallity with his voice. It's awesome that Green Day has been together so long and still make awesome music. Some repeats with words but overall it sounds great!

This CD doesn't sound as much as their older stuff but their adjustment to the demand of tone in music is awesome. I think they did a really good job. They have a couple songs that is similar to their older albums but also some that is more pop instead of punkish. It's half and half. I really like how they make long songs and the beat is so awesome in each one of them. It all just matches very well, It has a range in tone, not all songs sound the same it's really great. I don't really like how they made a lot of power chords in the music, no lead stuff but it still sounds awesome! If I lost the CD I would definately get another one the second I couldn't find it.