American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
Green Day: American Idiot

Green Day's sound can be abbreviated with just one word: sucks. The ill-fated attempt of a decent trio ultimately fails with poor-sounding guitar solos from Billy Joe. The bassist plays the most basic of lines and would sound a hell of a lot better if he attempted to "advance" his talent for the CD. The drummer is decent, but nowhere near other punk/pop band drummers like former Blink drummer Travis Barker.

Again, he can try as hard as he wants to, but the end-result is either extremeley cheesy or just plain dumbfounding. The singing skills of Billy reminds me somewhat of a screeching monkey. He can sing as many different styles he wants, in the end, he's just a screeching monkey. Please take some lessons.

After the great reviews I heard about this "killer" album, I now question the reliability of fellow classmates who called this album "One Of The Greatest Ever". This is definitely nowehere near greatness. Hell, if it were my choice, I'd have all copies of this CD shipped off the earth and into space just so that I don't have to listen to this crap anymore. I really consider some "Green Day" fans to take a listen to some real great music in Pink Floyd, The Beatles, and Eric Clapton for some great guitar licks and incredible song-writing, as this album desperately lacks both.