American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

First off, if there was anyone that was more qualified than me to write this review, even though it's a little late, I'd like to meet him (or her). Green Day puts out what I think is the greatest album of all time. However, I do think it has it's faults (I mean, nobody's perfect, right). The sound is definitely different from their other albums. I like the sound, but I also think that they have lost a lot of fans from going away from their traditional sound. I'd like them to do more songs that sound like Misery, but I've never heard a song that was like Misery. I give you guys a 9.5, although it will only register as a 9.

As far as the lyrics go, I don't think I can find a fault. I love every word, it's everything that I believe. Wait, I do find a fault. I didn't like the super long songs, I was kinda burnt out on them by the 8th minute. At least they changed the sound of the song a couple times throughout, and for that I can still give them a 10. Next time, though, make sure you keep the songs under 7 mintues. Because we all know that you "Don't wanna be an American idiot."

As an overall album, the best, by far. When I feel sad or depressed, usually because of a girl, this is the album I listen to. First, American Idiot comes on, and I write off the person I'm mad at as just an idiot. Then, Jesus Of Suburbia comes on, and I decide I just wanna f--k the world (am I allowed to swear on these things? If not, I'm sorry. I'll change it next time). Then, Holiday comes on, and I feel like just getting in my car and leaving the rat's nest I call a town. Next, Boulevard of Broken Dreams comes on, and I feel like killing myself, I feel like nobody will ever love me. Fifth, Are We the Waiting comes on, and I decide to wait on killing myself until I can come up with a better reason. After that, St. Jimmy comes on, and I get out my guitar out and start rockin out with it. Then, Give Me Novacaine comes on, and I have a couple shots. Eighth, She's A Rebel comes on, and it reminds me how much I hate my ex. Next, Extraordinary Girl comes on, and I remember how much I loved her. Tenth, Letterbomb comes on, and I'm reminded of how much I hate my town. Next, Wake Me Up When September Ends comes on, and I begin to wish I was back with my girl. Twelfth, Homecoming comes on, and I remember that home is always better than being alone. And finally, what'sername comes on, and I totally forget I was sad over a girl. That's how I get over breakups. For that, I give this record a 12, even though it'll only say 10.