American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

Green Day have produced many albums now (infact I think 10) but most people would say this one was the best. The album was a Grammy Winner - Rock album of the year ('04). The album has 13 songs of which all of them have hundreds of chords in them. They don't seem to use a range. Sometimes it gets a bit boring if it's just chords all through the album but it depends how you use them. Like if they had main riffs (that were notes instead of big chords, more solos and things. I have to say - I think the drummer is world class. I think they need a bit more rythem and creativity in the songs, you know like Stevie Wonder or Led Zeppelin. They still do excellent riffs. If they had another guitarist it'd make an impact. But still a face-paced confident sound to it all.

In American Idiot the lyrics are talking more about Polotics and war, religion, saints and other things. It's all got a bit serious but they sortov make a joke out of things in their lyrics. The singer needs to clear his throwt, he sounds too rocky. But he looks cool with his hair and style, and he puts make-up on doesn't he? Anyway, the lyrics go well with the music and beat. He says them quite fast somtimes so you there's that booklet in the CD case with all the lyrics, every word seems to be Polotical. I think that's good for a few songs but not really for the whole album. They swear a few times to show their point but what's the point of taking the, out of America??? Your own country.

There's not really a band like them this rocky at this time. God, they must get tired on stage. They have more fans than any other band/artist, litrally half the US like them. They play true rock but as I say I think they need more variety.The most impressive songs are 'American Idiot', 'Holiday', 'Boulevard Of Broken Dreams' and finally 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'.I love that their quite unique and are a great live band and their from the USA! Let me just point out that they make amazing videos. If it were stolen I'd might buy it but I think there's better albums out there: the material is great awesome rock band, one of America's number one at the moment.