American Idiot review by Green Day

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Green Day: American Idiot

Ah yes, American idiot! This is a great all round rock opera with a catchy punk rock feel to it. It is an example of maturing green day with more complicated riffs and solos. It is one of the best rock operas I have heard besides tommy and dark side of the moon..

This album has a very catchy story that doesn't go to far into the characters backrounds and whole life storyies, which I liked but could have gone into a little more. The only part of the album that I really don't get is the full story, you have to listen to it over and over to actully catch on to... One more note is that it was their first album with a parental advisory warning, so it was impossible to find at local stores...

Again this is a great album and now I will give you a review of the songs on it 01. American Idiot- The title track and one of the catchiest songs on the album, Only an idiot (no pun intended) would not like this song.-10 02. Jesus of suburbia- Going into the life of the main character, with a catchy multipart song with great beats and music I'd give it a 9 03. Holiday- A great song and the third single of the album at track 3-9.5 04. Boulevard of broken dreams- One of the deepest songs of the album with much emotion and the demonic-souding end. 10 05. Are we the waiting- Very repetitave and has geat guitar riff. 9.5 06. St. Jimm- Ah... this song is a great song with great lyrics and really explains St. jimmy. 10 07. Give me novicane- Good acoustuc-electric guitar riff that runs into a good song.. 8.5 08. She's a rebel- Oh yes she is, with her own intro song whatsername gets an awesome intro into her. 10 09. Extraodinary Girl- Has a very odd jungle-ish intro but kicks in to an ok song. 8 10. Letterbomb- I thought this was the red hot chilli peppers when it came on, but still a great song. 8.9 11. Wake Me Up When September Ends- I remember when this song came out and I still love it to this day. 9.9 12. Homecoming- With every person singing lead at least once in this song, it turned out to be an awesome song. 10 13. Whatsername- ... This.. is definately not my favorite song on the album. It's okay but eh.. could of ended with Homecoming and it would have been better! So, This is my review of american idiot! Brandon