Awesome As F**k review by Green Day

• Released: Mar 22, 2011
Green Day: Awesome As F**k

Personally I loved the song selection. Just when I kick back and feel like playing Green Day on my guitar for an extended period of time I always try to get a good mix of both their new AND old tunes and that is definetly somethingI think they have improved on in comparison to Bullet in A Bible. It didn't take much to get it cranked up to the point of making your heart race and the fact that they pulled songs froim all over the tour was, to me, a good idea. To me the whole part of listening to a Concert CD or DVD is to experience it like you were at a show and though not everybody love the "I said eh, oh"s Billie Joe loves to belt out to the audience at any time it alwys sends me back to the times I've gone to see them. Also compeltely loved the inclusion of their performance of "Cigarettes & Valentines" coming up to the release date that was probably one of the biggest things people were looking forward to.

Billie Joe is not the greatest singer, or at least not in the fact that he can't belt out a tune at any note at will, but more then some I love how he can continuously put energy and want into some of the older songs (She, Goin to Pas, Geek Stink Breath, etc.). Also I've already mentioned the song selection, a good mix of new and old, but also which songs specifically was great. Songs like when I come Around, and even Who Wrote Holden Caulifield where he said "This is my favourite song of Kerplunk by the way" before the band started but also tunes like 21 Guns and American Idiot playing to them its not just about playing 17 songs and making money its about playing 17 songs and creating an experience.

Love the sound, love the songs, I think Awesome as F**K is an absolute goldmine start to finish. Whether you are partial to older songs like J.A.R. and Burnout or if you love the newer stuff of AI and 21st Century Breakdow there is something here for everyone to love. Probably the only thing thats really keeping this from being a 10 in my books is the length BIAB was a little over an hour and AAF is not much more but this is definetly something I'll have by my side to listen to for a long time.