Awesome As F**k review by Green Day

• Released: Mar 22, 2011
Green Day: Awesome As F**k

Despite various comments such as that Green Day are "sold out" or are becoming "mainstream as F**k" I disagree. Green Day still have it. This CD blew me away. The songs were like supercharged versions of the album. The changes between songs were too blured and the rhythm changed around but overall they kicked some pretty decent sized ass. This is one of those CDs that you find yourself listening to even if you aren't the greatest fan ever. It doesn't even matter. They still punch out a blaring full sound anyone will dig.

Billie Joe is still by far my favourite band leader. He doesn't have the singing voice of an angel at all but his voice suits the music down to the ground. Despite also play guitar he barely missed a beat. Some of the songs have similsr themes but they are mainly the older stuff which no one seems to mind. Despite changeing some of the lyrics to please of stir up the crowd, the only real problem was him letting the crowd sing entire choruses or verses. Otherwise the vocals were really good.

After over 15 years of punching out hectic songs, Blasting basslines and catchy beats, Green Day still have it. The standout songs would have to be "East Jesus Nowhere", "American Idiot" and "21 Guns". There wasn't really anything major wrong with it. If I lost the album I would definitely replace it. "Awesome As F**k" holds a permanent place is my top 20 CD rack For a very long time. I highly recommend it. Awesome as... Well... F**K!

repoTHEemo
    What I'd like to see more is something I've seen some band do recently. A concert where the first half is usually older and more obscure songs true fans would know (Knowledge, 2000 Lightyears Away, etc.), and then have the second half one of the new trilogy albums in its entirety. You could get the best of both.