Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

The sound is amazing, just as I expected really, the same as it was when I saw it live. Green Day are one of the best bands of all time live, and that reflects in this DVD of Milton Keynes.

Content — 8
The DVD contains footage of the Milton Keynes National Bowl gig (which I attended) and interviews with the band based on the two day performance in front of 65,000 people (per day). A disappointment is that they only have the main concert and interviews and photo gallery, I expected alot more special features from the DVD, although the length of the film makes up for it.

Production Quality — 10
Extremely well put together, this was done my Sam Bayer. During the film it switches between colour and black and white. I think the zooming and the way he has caught the concert on camera is incredible and I've never seen a concert recorded this well before. On the actual DVD it shows Sam Bayer and the effort he put in to shoot it accurately.

I have seen many videos of bands live and this is by far the best. I have seen many videos of Green Day live and again this is by far the best. I was most impressed with the way it is filmed and the way they have mixed it together with interviews. I love the fact that they caught Green Day's best ever concert on DVD and made it perfect, I hate the fact that I can't see myself at the front and the lack of special features.