Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 9
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

The sound quality on this DVD is fantastic. I was at the concert myself on June 18th 2005, and it sounds as good now as it did then. Green Day have consistently had a good live sound, and this is no exception. You can hear all of the instruments clearly, and all of the vocals sound excellent. No worries here. However, the CD of the gig sounds a bit rushed and forced and generally a bit sloppy. The way Jesus Of Suburbia goes straight into Holiday, with Billie Joe screaming "Holiday" doesn't sound great.

Content — 7
This is where I'm a bit annoyed. The content is live footage from Green Day at Milton Keynes Bowl on the 18th/19th June 2005. It should be noted that all of the live band footage is taken from the Sunday 19th June concert, and not Saturday. The set list is 14 songs, on both the CD and DVD (15 technically, as King For A Day/Shout is double). The live gig had 19 songs. Songs left out include She, Maria, Homecoming, We Are The Champions and Knowledge, which is a let down, as these are great live tracks. Something else which annoys me is the fact that after every song, there is some sort of 2 minute interview or profile or montage. The interviews are interesting and enjoyable to listen to, but if you just want the music, it can drag. There is no option to just watch the gig straight through sadly. There is a bonus feature of some still photos, set to an instrumental of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, which is a nice touch.

Production Quality — 9
There are a multitude of different camera angles. They give great views of the band, crowd and stage area. No complaints.

This is a very good DVD from one of the biggest bands on the planet, who put on a sensational live show. The best feature is the performance of the band, which is fantastic. The interviews are very interesting and revealing, but can drag and should have an option to be viewed seperately. The concert makes very good viewing, as it is Green Day at their live best, but the CD drags a bit and is not amazing. I probably wouldn't buy it again if lost or stolen. It's worth the 10 I paid for it, but not worth that again. Recommended for the Green Day fan, and even the casual listener. It's not groundbreaking, but it's damn good.