Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

Green Day have become one of the symbols of modern pop culture and sound. How they have done that is easy to understand when you see and listen to this Concert recorded at Milton Keyes in the UK. This is one of the best live sounds I have ever heard with Mike Dirnt rock the bass line. Tre' Cool being the greatest rock drummer ever. Billie Joe rocking the vocals, and a number of backup musicians make the sound on this DVD shine. It sounds just like they did when I saw them in concert. And the trombone and trumpet on "King For A day" make the sound perfect. However, I'm a little dissapointed with "Wake Me Up When September Ends." This is the only song where I really noticed a lack in vocal prowess. Still an overall great sound though.

Content — 10
This is a live concert film with interviews and backstage footage thrown in to the mix. It's a good two hours long and it's two hours well spent. Some of the beginning is kind of depressing with the whole anti-war spiel, but the middle is great when we get to see the old prankster kids back at their old tricks. It has a good mix of American Idiot tracks and older songs like "Longview," "Basketcase," Hitchin' A Ride" and "Brain Stew." It ends with the best version of "Good Riddance," that I have ever heard.

Production Quality — 10
The quality and effort put into this is extremely apparent as it absoulutly shines with good camera footage and sound and excellent special effects. It switches of between color cameras and black and white cameras that almost make you feel like your watching some old war documentary. It has amazing overhead shots of the crowd and the stage and makes you feel like your every where in the crowd and on stage at once. The film making truly shines.

This is one of the best if not the best live concert films I have ever seen. The best thing on this DVD is the electric version of "Good Riddance" that brought the audience to tears at some parts. This shows just how much Green Day is about their music and being who they are not who somone else wanted them to be. I love the interviews with Tre' Cool and the "Shout" cover. I'm a little upset that their are not extra bonus features but the length of the film makes up for it. It was one of the best $15 I have ever spent. If it was stolen I'd kill people. If it was lost I'd cry and buy it again. God Bless Green Day.