Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

Comparing to the American Idiot album, I think Green Day sound alot better live than they do on the album. It just shows every one having a good time, and Green Day just having fun and paying out George Bush. Most people already know the American Idiot story line, and if you dont then watch the movie when it comes out, but on the American Idiot tour they dont play the whole album through in order. They play their main hits from American Idiot, And a chunk of other hits in the middle of them. People have said that Green Day are one of the best shows around live, and I could really see why. Although I'm going to the show, if you missed the concert, I'd really recommend you get your punk ass out their and buy the damn thing. Cause it brings out some of the best Green Day has to offer.

Content — 8
Apart from the live concert, the dvd also features interviews, back stage, pre-concert warm up and some other stuff that you won't get to see with out it. It also shows how they got the name, bullet in a bible. It's pretty obvious why, but it shows them when they go to a war museum and see some guys bible with a bullet in it. I guess I was hoping for a bit more interviews and stuff, as the dvd was just under 2 hours in total and most of that was taken up by the concert. So I guess that was probably the only downfall. The DVD also had a cd to go with it, which was just the cd for it. I thought this was good because the live version is way better than non-live and it also has some of their older stuff on it aswell.

Production Quality — 10
I wouldn't say the camera work was anything above the average, nothing fancy. Had some good footage and they had closeups of all the guys while they were playing so that was good.

Well I waited for ages for this DVD/CD to come out. And I sure got my moneys worth. If this were lost, then I'd find it. And if I couldn't then id kick my brothers bum so hard that'd his nose would bleeed, then when id finished with that, I would go buy it again. If it were stolen, then I would do all of the above except I would also go kick the stealers butt, then go buy it again. I really like it and I'm gonna watch it heaps in the future. Love just about everything about this DVD, I recommend it heaps.