Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

This was the regular Green Day sound that we all love so much. So you know what that's like. There were 4 other musicians and 4 other instruments. There are 2 guitarists, a trumpeter, and a saxophonist/keyboardist/trombonist. So that gives them some nice nice effects in their songs.

Content — 10
This DVD features extra material (which is really just commentary and backstage footage. This was a live concert that they did in the UK so you can get the full concert experience from your living room couch. And it would be a best of collection if Welcome To Paradise was on the song list. But the songs that were on there were (in order); American Idiot, Jesus Of Suburbia, Holiday, Are We The Waiting, St. Jimmy, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew, Basket Case, King For A Day/Shout, Wake Me Up When September Ends, Minority, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, and Good Riddance. And there is a photo album on the DVD to look at, but it's just snapshots of them playing on stage.

Production Quality — 9
The production itself was really very good. Billy Joe used three guitars for show, some props (hats, things like that) were used for a more entertaining performance throughout the show. Fire works were launched from behind the stage, and flamethrowers were all across the stage. Five large screens were also used for better view. Plus what's a concert without some fancy lights?

You can't really compare Green Day to any other bands, because they're punk, but they play to 65,000 people each show. But you can't compare them to pop bands, because they are punk. But probably the most impressive thing on the DVD is the performance. Billy JOe runs around on stage, Mike Dirnt walks all over the cat walk, Tre Cool wears pink hats and conducts the audience with one drum stick, so what else could make it better? How about Billy Joe mooning the audience? Of course it's not too pretty for us straight guys, but all the gay guys and women were all staring and drooling at that one. I can't say that I even dislike anything about itt, and I would buy it every time I lost it or it was stolen.