Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

Although many people disagree. Green Day is Punk Rock in a true essence. It may not be so anarcho-political. But it's still punk in it's own aspect. Trying different sounds and different types of instruments is all apart of a band's evolution. But with that said, Bullet in a Bible, possibly one of their best DVD/CD's to date. American Idiot in itself is a great album, but infused with their live perfomance is all worth the money you'd pay to go and see it yourself.

Content — 9
The DVD features a Photo Gallery, with a instrumental boulevarde of Broken Dreams in the background. This live concert DVD is, like I said one of the greatest they have come with to date. Playing at Milton Keynes, the largest stadium in the UK, to over 65,000 people over the course of two days.

Production Quality — 9
With Sam Bayer directing this DVD, they did quite an excellent job. Though some are not too fond of Sam Bayer's expression of WMUWSE's video, he still did a great expression for the band. Giving them time to film a nice little 'one on one' wit hthe band members, describing their lives through Green Day. Lots of camera trickery, but with billie Joe as main centerpiece, lest we forget Mike Dirnt and Tre' Cool. All in All, very good. Sounds comes in clear, though slightly lost to the crowd every once in a while.

Green Day is a very great band live, why this concert DVD is goign to be such a success is very evident. Though I will say, Billie Joe's antics become very repetitive concert after concert, but still he manages to bring a fresh start to each and every show. The most impressive thing, aside from the Concert itself, would have to be the photo gallery. Very great shots. I love almost everything about this piece of work, all save for the tracklist, they could have added a little more, or at the least threw in a couple songs from Shenanigans. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy this thing again.