Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

Well, Green Day has always been considered as the most influential band of their generation. It's just basically because their "sound" is something that's "apart" from almost everyone out there. And, once again, they had proven this very truth in their greatest live show ever, held in England, called "Bullet In A Bible." Well, the big three, together with that great help from mr. guitarist #2, had again flown to another spectacular dimension of great musicality. Only with this description, we can imagine how they sound that great, right?

Content — 9
Well, "Bullet In A Bible" features Green Day's greatest songs ever, performed live in England. It includes the teary-eyed version of "Good Riddance." Well, it was the first time I heard the song played in such dramatic manner, and not in acoustic! Also, it includes some of their latest songs such as "Jesus Of Suburbia," "Holiday," "Wake Me Up When September Ends," "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" and the equally dynamic "American Idiot." Also, it contains some classic songs like "Basket Case," "Hitchin' A Ride" and "Brain Stew." Not only that, it also includes some footages of their "tour" around some places in Engaland, their practices and performances in other countries, and an interview (parts) with the band members.

Production Quality — 8
Well, the DVD showed everyone what "Green Day" really is. It was done perfectly. The way the cameras acted and the lights and sound operated perfected this great offering to every Green Day fan. Especially, during their live performance, everything was awesome! Look on how the way the "fire" behind them on one part of the whole show (I forgot what song it came out) blew everyone away. All perfect!

Well, it was really great. It really knocked me off my feet, really! The only thing that's for me is a bit too not good was in that part of "Wake Me Up When September Ends." Billy Joe sang the song a little bit shaky. And it wasn't good. But, for others, perfect! It's just maybe because Billy Joe was shouting and howling too much that his voice were already shaking during that part. As a whole, it was great!