Bullet In A Bible [DVD] review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]

As ever, the recording of Green Day's Live Concert at Milton Keynes Bowl was amazing. Me being a Green Day fan, I was a bit upset when I couldn't go to the concerts, but the DVD makes up for this-the sound quality is so good when that when I watched it for the first time I generally thought I was there in the mosh pit. the music itself was performed spotlessly with the guitars set up perfectly, along with the refreshing sound of the bass and drum riffs. Probably the best live DVD I've seen (soundwise). The Accompanying CD sounds pretty good as well.

Content — 10
The DVD Features 14 of Green Day's most famous songs, including basket Case to the modern epic of Jesus Of Suburbia. In between most songs there is a little interlkude, with little snippets of information from Green Day etc. The slightly disappointing thing about the DVD is the Lack of special features and the chopping off of some of the songs they performed over the 2 days. However, the content in the main DVD makes up for this by miles. There however is a little photo album set to a musical version of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, which is quite nice.

Production Quality — 10
Sam Bayer has done a wonderful job in making this DVD. On the DVD itself there is a section showing how much work he put into getting what he wanted in the DVD. The camera angles in this were brilliant, giving a refreshing view on the concert, on the action, on everything. Parts of the film have been edited to change the colour to black and white etc, which is very very cool.

This being a live concert album, by Green Day, of all people, it does not compare to any other band or even their other CDs, simply because Green Day are the best live band in the world. The songs, which feature on other albums, are just performed with a little twinkle on this DVD, just making the experience slightly different. Everything, in my opinion, is good about this DVD/CD combo, and I would have to replace my copy if it gets lost etc. Amazing.

leony03
    agreed to. The very first time i saw Green Day was at the Live8 concert. I thought that this is the band 4me.
    TJ1991
    The only thing I dont like is sometimes you'll notice the picture switches from color to black and white. You'll eventually get used to it though, or it just stops.
    Yeah I think that's meant to happen. It's part of the editing. Bullet in a Bible is my best buy ever, Green Day are my favourite band ever. So 10/10 for me.
    Wilhelm Fink
    Green Day are definitely the best live band in the world, also they are just the best band in the world.
    auranos
    Here it goes again. This is just like every other news/review/lesson thread that mentions Green Day: "green day is teh bestest evar!1!11!" "no d00d green day is teh sux0rz!11!111" "ya [insert band here] is leik 1 bojillion monkeys betar" "no d00dz u r dum green day is teh awesumz0r!"
    rock_roll
    Green Day = Best band ever in the history of bands, they will live on forever and ever. Bullet in a bible is the best thing i ever spent money on it rules. Rock On Green Day \m/(+_+)\m/
    Cliff_Hetfield
    RHCP is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000Times Better than Green Day. Especially in the Bass department, Flea Pwns Dir(n)t!
    xcrunner1
    green day are terrible. they're why punk fell from the public eye. Sum 41...now that's good pop-punk.
    longview:)
    green day are still great but I think that their music isn't anywhere as good as their old songs
    rollingstones
    green day sucks im sorry but someone had to tell you guys the truth. if you want to listen to a good band start listening to like black sabbath