Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Review

artist: Green Day date: 11/04/2011 category: compact discs
Green Day: Bullet In A Bible [DVD]
Release Date: November 15, 2005
The material is drawn from the band's June performances at the UK's Milton Keynes National Bowl, during which it played to its largest-ever crowds in the country. The DVD is rounded out by band interviews and backstage footage.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 9.1
 8.6
 9.2
 7.9
 1,676
Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: punkrocker91, on november 14, 2005

Sound: Green Day is one of the best live bands of all time in my opinion I've seen them live and it is almost exactly as I remeber. These guys are great live preformers, even though you can tell a slight difference in the way Billie Joe sounds it still is a great and moving, with the driving vocals, guitars, and all the other instruments incorporated in there music. // 6

Overall Impression: I'm a die-hard Green Day fan and this DVD is like a gift from above to me, the most impressive thing is all of it. I love the DVD and it's great. I don't quite hate anything I would prefer it to show more concerts where they play different songs. And if someone where to steal it "I'd kill them" or if it was lost I'd definetly buy a new one. // 5

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: evvo_gc_fan, on november 15, 2005

Sound: The sound quality on this DVD is fantastic. I was at the concert myself on June 18th 2005, and it sounds as good now as it did then. Green Day have consistently had a good live sound, and this is no exception. You can hear all of the instruments clearly, and all of the vocals sound excellent. No worries here. However, the CD of the gig sounds a bit rushed and forced and generally a bit sloppy. The way Jesus Of Suburbia goes straight into Holiday, with Billie Joe screaming "Holiday" doesn't sound great. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very good DVD from one of the biggest bands on the planet, who put on a sensational live show. The best feature is the performance of the band, which is fantastic. The interviews are very interesting and revealing, but can drag and should have an option to be viewed seperately. The concert makes very good viewing, as it is Green Day at their live best, but the CD drags a bit and is not amazing. I probably wouldn't buy it again if lost or stolen. It's worth the 10 I paid for it, but not worth that again. Recommended for the Green Day fan, and even the casual listener. It's not groundbreaking, but it's damn good. // 8

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 17, 2005

Sound: Perfect! What more do you want, it's Green Day, it's live, it's Billie, Mike, Tre and that cool dude who is always there Jason (I knew really). Billie's vocals are amazing, Tre's drums have to be the best in punk. And Mike, well didn't he even officially become the best bassist in punk. What more do you need! I would give it a 12 but I can't so a 10 will have to do. // 10

Overall Impression: Lush! Beautiful! Amazing! Everything you would imagine and more, then abit more on top of that, then stuff with a few photos and a whole album on another CD! All for only 12.99, I wasn't complaining. So yeah one to own. If you were there, if you wanted to be (well maybe not, you might break down in tears at what you missed), don't borrow it, steal it, or burn it, if you do you are scum, this album has to be brought and only brought! And then treasured and one copie put in a time capsule so the future generation can enjoy it as well. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: matth05, on november 15, 2005

Sound: The sound is amazing, just as I expected really, the same as it was when I saw it live. Green Day are one of the best bands of all time live, and that reflects in this DVD of Milton Keynes. // 10

Overall Impression: I have seen many videos of bands live and this is by far the best. I have seen many videos of Green Day live and again this is by far the best. I was most impressed with the way it is filmed and the way they have mixed it together with interviews. I love the fact that they caught Green Day's best ever concert on DVD and made it perfect, I hate the fact that I can't see myself at the front and the lack of special features. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: RockstarAdam, on november 04, 2011

Sound: The band's sound was great overall and much better than I expected when I bought the album. They didn't disappoint. Although I wish that Billie Joe Armstrong wouldn't have let the audience sing as often as they did; it kinda ruins the song for me when they do that. // 8

Overall Impression: I grew up with Green Day so they are my favourite band. I'm not saying that there aren't a few band that are quite close as well, but Green Day just stands out from the rest. For me the most impressive thing on the album was how they never messed up with the songs and how Billie Joe Armstrong is a great singer even when he is live. I would definitely buy the album again if I lost it. The only thing I hate is that sometimes the behing-the-scenes moments are too long. I mean, it IS about the concert really. // 8

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Duke-N, on december 16, 2005

Sound: Green Day has always been the ultimate punk-rock band and throughout their time have delivered many great songs to the world. This DVD/CD is a compilation of their greatest songs played live in the UK at the National Bowl, Milton Keynes. They still got that punk-rock feel and they connect with fans young and old. The Green Day sound is uncomparable to any other bands! // 9

Overall Impression: You cannot compare this show to any other! Every moment of it is impressive or outstanding, but most probably the greatest moment is when Billy Joe does a solo on the harmonica. This DVD isn't leaving my sight until the day I die. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Blade1112, on november 18, 2005

Sound: My impression of Green Day in Bullet In A Bible is just that it was amazing! The vocals, bass, electrics, drums, and even the piano and the horns sounded great! Their innovated music has actually changed the way people look at punk rock now. The behind the scenes interviews told basically how they started out as an underground band to a world wide known band, what they felt before and after the concert which they played, and basically what they didn't expect when they started. But back to the sound, it was awesome. You could clearly hear them play, it was as if you were at the concert. But only a few times they messed up during the songs, and when I mean messed up I mean like missing 1 note. // 9

Overall Impression: Compared to other punk bands I think the Green Day tops them, but that's just my opinion. The DVD was awesome and the most impressive thing on the DVD to me is just them playing. I love the behind the scenes when they fool around because it's pretty funny, and what I hate is just Tre Cool coming in naked (at least the cencored it). And if I lost it or if someone stole it I wouldbuy it again because it's really good. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 18, 2005

Sound: Excellent sound and the reproduction of the music by Green Day truely is excellent, especially on songs like Holiday and Jesus of Suburbia. But otherwise the sound is 100% perfect, both on the CD and the DVD video. // 10

Overall Impression: Excellent DVD for any Green Day fan and even if your not it's still good! Green Day truely are one of the best, if not the best live act (both in punk rock or any other genre) in the world. So it really is great to see the boths jumping around stage with their guitars and 'f--k you' attitude. There's just something about the atmosphere that's just amazing, and no live act can come close to what Green Day put on live, it's not a show - it's an experience. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2005

Sound: Green Day have become one of the symbols of modern pop culture and sound. How they have done that is easy to understand when you see and listen to this Concert recorded at Milton Keyes in the UK. This is one of the best live sounds I have ever heard with Mike Dirnt rock the bass line. Tre' Cool being the greatest rock drummer ever. Billie Joe rocking the vocals, and a number of backup musicians make the sound on this DVD shine. It sounds just like they did when I saw them in concert. And the trombone and trumpet on "King For A day" make the sound perfect. However, I'm a little dissapointed with "Wake Me Up When September Ends." This is the only song where I really noticed a lack in vocal prowess. Still an overall great sound though. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best if not the best live concert films I have ever seen. The best thing on this DVD is the electric version of "Good Riddance" that brought the audience to tears at some parts. This shows just how much Green Day is about their music and being who they are not who somone else wanted them to be. I love the interviews with Tre' Cool and the "Shout" cover. I'm a little upset that their are not extra bonus features but the length of the film makes up for it. It was one of the best $15 I have ever spent. If it was stolen I'd kill people. If it was lost I'd cry and buy it again. God Bless Green Day. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Mike_rocka_boy, on november 21, 2005

Sound: Comparing to the American Idiot album, I think Green Day sound alot better live than they do on the album. It just shows every one having a good time, and Green Day just having fun and paying out George Bush. Most people already know the American Idiot story line, and if you dont then watch the movie when it comes out, but on the American Idiot tour they dont play the whole album through in order. They play their main hits from American Idiot, And a chunk of other hits in the middle of them. People have said that Green Day are one of the best shows around live, and I could really see why. Although I'm going to the show, if you missed the concert, I'd really recommend you get your punk ass out their and buy the damn thing. Cause it brings out some of the best Green Day has to offer. // 10

Overall Impression: Well I waited for ages for this DVD/CD to come out. And I sure got my moneys worth. If this were lost, then I'd find it. And if I couldn't then id kick my brothers bum so hard that'd his nose would bleeed, then when id finished with that, I would go buy it again. If it were stolen, then I would do all of the above except I would also go kick the stealers butt, then go buy it again. I really like it and I'm gonna watch it heaps in the future. Love just about everything about this DVD, I recommend it heaps. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: superguitarist1, on november 28, 2005

Sound: This was the regular Green Day sound that we all love so much. So you know what that's like. There were 4 other musicians and 4 other instruments. There are 2 guitarists, a trumpeter, and a saxophonist/keyboardist/trombonist. So that gives them some nice nice effects in their songs. // 10

Overall Impression: You can't really compare Green Day to any other bands, because they're punk, but they play to 65,000 people each show. But you can't compare them to pop bands, because they are punk. But probably the most impressive thing on the DVD is the performance. Billy JOe runs around on stage, Mike Dirnt walks all over the cat walk, Tre Cool wears pink hats and conducts the audience with one drum stick, so what else could make it better? How about Billy Joe mooning the audience? Of course it's not too pretty for us straight guys, but all the gay guys and women were all staring and drooling at that one. I can't say that I even dislike anything about itt, and I would buy it every time I lost it or it was stolen. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: PunkRockGlory, on november 29, 2005

Sound: Although many people disagree. Green Day is Punk Rock in a true essence. It may not be so anarcho-political. But it's still punk in it's own aspect. Trying different sounds and different types of instruments is all apart of a band's evolution. But with that said, Bullet in a Bible, possibly one of their best DVD/CD's to date. American Idiot in itself is a great album, but infused with their live perfomance is all worth the money you'd pay to go and see it yourself. // 9

Overall Impression: Green Day is a very great band live, why this concert DVD is goign to be such a success is very evident. Though I will say, Billie Joe's antics become very repetitive concert after concert, but still he manages to bring a fresh start to each and every show. The most impressive thing, aside from the Concert itself, would have to be the photo gallery. Very great shots. I love almost everything about this piece of work, all save for the tracklist, they could have added a little more, or at the least threw in a couple songs from Shenanigans. If it was stolen or lost I'd definately buy this thing again. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: jhayehidio, on december 26, 2005

Sound: Well, Green Day has always been considered as the most influential band of their generation. It's just basically because their "sound" is something that's "apart" from almost everyone out there. And, once again, they had proven this very truth in their greatest live show ever, held in England, called "Bullet In A Bible." Well, the big three, together with that great help from mr. guitarist #2, had again flown to another spectacular dimension of great musicality. Only with this description, we can imagine how they sound that great, right? // 9

Overall Impression: Well, it was really great. It really knocked me off my feet, really! The only thing that's for me is a bit too not good was in that part of "Wake Me Up When September Ends." Billy Joe sang the song a little bit shaky. And it wasn't good. But, for others, perfect! It's just maybe because Billy Joe was shouting and howling too much that his voice were already shaking during that part. As a whole, it was great! // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: gdpunk, on january 03, 2006

Sound: The sound was amazing, sounded like it had just come off an album because they can double track by the singer playing guitar and having a support guitarist. There was was no story attached. // 10

Overall Impression: No it is way out of any bands league. The most impressive thing was how in control of the audience billie joe armstrong was, it seemed that he had them in a trance at times. I love everything about it, it is really well thought out with not one mistake in, nothing to hate about it. If it were stolen or lost I would definately buy a new copy, as I would be a fool not to! // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: lespaul56, on january 03, 2006

Sound: The DVD includes the concert in the UK they had on their recent world tour. They have pretty much every song on American Idiot album. In my opinion, they definately sound better live then on a recording and they show that in this concert. There's a slight difference in Billie Joe's voice, but it all sounds good anyway so I don't care. // 10

Overall Impression: There is no comparison to other artists with this DVD. I think the most impressive thing on this DVD is how great the sound is. If it was lost or stolen I'd go buy it again because I loved it so much. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: jizzo, on january 05, 2006

Sound: The sound is great. I for one love Green Day and this CD/DVD blew me away. They hit the release of this album perfectly as Am. Idiot is still doing quite well. Billie Joe and the rest of the band made fun changes to some songs, which made the experience even better. Escpecially, #14, Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life). They made a distorted version which sounded phenominal and the muted fingerings are awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: I have seen dvds of Queen, Led Zepellin, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, and U2 and Bullet In A Bible is right up there. Its a great combo overall. The most impressive thing on this DVD has to be the innovations that Green Day make and time perfectly to their songs. I love the entire DVD the songs are obviously what I love the most along with their stage presence. If someone stole it I'd buy a new one, but if I knew who it was, I'd take mine back in the theif would be in the hospital after I get through with him! // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: kevinmawae25, on december 26, 2005

Sound: The quality of the sound in this DVD was incredible. I saw Green Day live at Giants Stadium back in September, The sound was just as crisp on the DVD as it was standing 15 feet infront of Billie Joe. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this has to be one of my favorite Concert DVD's of all time. It ranks up there with AC/DC Live At Donnigton and The Song Remains The Same. I believe the DVD actually did justice to the band, and I not only recommend it to Green Day fans, I recomend it to everyone who has ever enjoyed punk-rock music. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Punk Rocker, on january 09, 2006

Sound: I think that this DVD gave a good impression of Green Day's message. The music was basicaly all songs they had already performed. A little dissapointing that there was only one new song but it was still a good show. They also introduced some back up band memebers. One of them had been performing with Green Day for a while now. They had a rhytm guitarist so Billie Joe could run around the stage and rile up the crowd and things like that. The music performance was overall good. // 9

Overall Impression: I cant really compare this to other DVDs of bands because I havent really watched other ones. I think the most impressive thing on the DVD was the energetic performance and the energetic feedback from the crowd. Basicaly my favorite part was just wathcing them perform. The thing I hated was some of the backup artists. They were kinda messed up. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: reverseblade101, on february 16, 2006

Sound: The sound quality on this little disc is extremely great. The first time I watched it was at a freinds house on the TV in his room. Right then I had to go and buy it for myself. I gotta tell you this sounds great. Especially on the surround sound in the living room. You get a feeling that you are really there at that concert. // 8

Overall Impression: Great DVD. It's an awesome concert with a great selection of songs. Definitly my best music DVD. If this got stolen I would definitly go out and buy another one. // 8

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Wilhelm Fink, on february 28, 2006

Sound: As ever, the recording of Green Day's Live Concert at Milton Keynes Bowl was amazing. Me being a Green Day fan, I was a bit upset when I couldn't go to the concerts, but the DVD makes up for this-the sound quality is so good when that when I watched it for the first time I generally thought I was there in the mosh pit. the music itself was performed spotlessly with the guitars set up perfectly, along with the refreshing sound of the bass and drum riffs. Probably the best live DVD I've seen (soundwise). The Accompanying CD sounds pretty good as well. // 10

Overall Impression: This being a live concert album, by Green Day, of all people, it does not compare to any other band or even their other CDs, simply because Green Day are the best live band in the world. The songs, which feature on other albums, are just performed with a little twinkle on this DVD, just making the experience slightly different. Everything, in my opinion, is good about this DVD/CD combo, and I would have to replace my copy if it gets lost etc. Amazing. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: leony03, on march 01, 2006

Sound: 100% pure Green Day. They perform good live and they sound good. This is a musthave for all "punk rockers." I first Green Day at the Live 8 concert and I was like 'wow'! I got American Idiot and I listened to it non stop. Still do back to the subject, Bullet In A Bible has over 2 hours of live concert footage and interviews with seperate members of the band. I would have preffered the interviews to be on a seperate menue though. If you get this, then you have to watch the interview with Tre Cool after Basket Case. He's 'overactive'. // 9

Overall Impression: Green day are the best band ever. I've learn't loads of their songs on the gitar including American Idiot, Holiday, Minority, Basket Case and loads more. The point is, is that their songs are really simple but they sound great. If it were stolen, I've got the CD burned onto my computer already and I reaslly like the album a lot so it's even really? // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: ST. DIZZY!, on march 15, 2006

Sound: The sound is pretty good for live performances and the songs they played are great. There were about two mistakes in the whole concert so they really played well. The guitars sounded great and so did the other instruments. This was recorded at Milton Keynes in London and played for 65,000 people as a result of their world tour. Green Day are great performers and go completly nuts on stage. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definetly better than most artists and Green Day are a great band. The best thing about the DVD is the effects during the concert and the photo gallery. I love the photo gallery on this DVD because the pictures are awesome. Honestly there is nothing on this DVD that I hate. If I lost this DVD I would buy it again 'cause it's quite reasonably priced and it is a cool DVD. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Jazz Bassist, on april 05, 2006

Sound: While reviewing the Bullet In A Bible DVD/CD, I was absorbed into the whole story of the Package. The bands sound is pretty unique, with Billie Joe's unmistakeable vocals and powerful lyrics, Mike's astounding bass riffs and techniques, and Tre's amazing Drumming. This disc combo provides you with the cream of Green Day at their best. Performing at Milton Keynes, UK, they give their all, and keep up their repertoire excellently. My impression of Green Day would be that they've thrown their lives, and times, into every album they've ever made, and make some of the most powerful songs ever made in history. // 9

Overall Impression: There is no comparison to any other bands DVD I've ever watched. This DVD/CD is something special. The most impressive thing on the compilation had to be the concert footage, but the interviews, and backstage videos were in tight competition for my attention. I love the spontaneity of the Music, you never know whats going to happen, Green Day keep you hyped up, and hooked. There's nothing that I hate about this item, it's to be appreciated as so much hard work on the guys behalf went into creating it. If I misplaced it, I would sell the clothes on my back to get it again. I strongly recommend this Album, It's the best thing the guys have ever done, they admit that themselves, you can see the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into it the whole way through. It very very very emotional for the watcher on Billie Joe's viewpoint, (if you see through his eyes), and they've just captured the absolute Esscence of the tour. Go and buy it now! It's worth every penny. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: GreendayBoy69, on april 10, 2006

Sound: I think that Green Day has always tried to appeal to everyone who hears their music. From the early albums (Dookie, 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours) the music has always appealed to the general listener, not just the hardcore Green Day fan. The story set through the DVD is basically how the album, American Idiot, has taken the band out of the shadow of Dookie and moved them forward. It gives a very personal feel to what Billie, Tre and Mike have experianced in their 16/17 years of playing as a band. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD also comes with a CD so weather or not you are at home, you can still hear the live show in your car, mates house, etc. I love the way Billie shares his secrets as if he is talking to you personally, while millions of people would own this. Yes, if this got stolen, I would buy it again. Truly awesome experiance. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: boyan89, on may 22, 2006

Sound: The sound on this dvd is amazing.The guitars are really good live when Green Day play mixing in with all sorts of eefects and stuff like that. The drums and the bass sound really good too. Like in 2 or 3 songs they would play something like jazzy with like trumpets, saxophones, and trombones. Billie even played the harmonica in Minority. The best sounding songs on this album are Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, Good Ridance, Hitchin' A Ride, Brainstew and Longview. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is so amazing that I cannot stop watching it. The most impressive things on this DVD are like when Billie takes like a break between a song to play something jazzy or a guitar solo of some kind. I don't hate anything bout this DVD, I love everything about it. If it were lost or stolen I would brat up the person who did it and get it back. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: matteo cubano, on august 01, 2006

Sound: Green Day used to have a hardcore punk feel in their dookie days but American Idiot takes a turn to the poppy alternative direction. They have a been a great band however for a while now. Bullet In A Bible is great because it not only has the American Idiot tracks but a few other classics like "Basket Case" and "Good Riddance". // 8

Overall Impression: If you like American Idiot you will love Bullet In A Bible. It's also a CD and you'll enjoy both. Green Day seems to have a lot of fun doing their shows. I love the way they rile up the fans and rock out. There's not much too hate about it. It's defineltely worth buying twice though that would cost $40 to buy 2 copies at the places by me but it's a great album and DVD and old or new Green Day fans will love it. // 10

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: amanda.0.4, on july 24, 2008

Sound: Bullet in a Bible is the concert DVD/CD of Green Day's American Idiot tour. The majority if the songs played at the concert were off of the American Idiot album, but there were also quite a few of their older songs played. The band has an incredible stage presence, an dlive show, which is showcased very well in the DVD. A large variety of instruments are used, ranging from trumpets, and orchestras, to the guitars and drums the band themselves use. Of course, anyone who doesn't own the American Idiot album would not fully understand the lyrical story or St. Jimmy, or the Jesus of Suburbia, and would be left only with enjoying the sounds of the music. There are points throughout the concert that lead singer/guitarist Billie Joe ARmstrong is in the verge of tears, from singing the powerful lyrics. Before every song that is performed on the DVD, extra bita are added in, such as interviews with the band, behidn the stage footage, and talks with the fans, all of which add to the DVD. // 10

Overall Impression: This live concert DVD surpasses and previous projects from the band, as it allows you to feel like you are at the show, and the interviews let you really get to know the band, and understand why they do what they do. You learn just how important Green Day is to all of them, and why they wouldnt' rather be doign anything else with their lives. I absolutely love everything about this DVD. If lost/stolen, you would be able to find this DVD at any store that sells music. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: Hoodoo Child, on july 29, 2008

Sound: Essentially being a three-piece band, Green Day need to make big sounds to accomplish the type of music they want to play. They do that extremely well, with the help of their additional guitarist and various other instrument-players (Jason White, Jason Freese and Ronnie Blake). This allows Billie-Joe Armstrong to run around the stage, pleasing both the audience watching the concert in person and the viewers of the DVD. This DVD was made in 2005, on the Green Day World Tour, and was filmed at the National Bowl in Milton Keynes, a venue with a capacity of 65,000. The whole point of the concert was to have, as stated by Mike Dirnt on the DVD "the biggest Green Day concert ever", which they, in my opinion, achieved. Obviously, the musical style and genre of Green Day is no-nonsense punk rock, which was displayed to amazing effect in this DVD, both by Billie-Joe, Mike and Tre Cool's emphatic and aggressive playing style, and by the fast paced camera action and even the band's outfits. // 9

Overall Impression: This is the only live DVD i own, but I have watched a few more, including the MUSE HAARP DVD from Wembley. Obviously nothing on performance scale can compare to MUSE, but Green Day come pretty close for the entertainment value. The most impressive thing on this DVD is purely the music and being able to see probably one of the best Green Day concerts ever. I love nearly everything about this DVD, the pure punk music on it, and the amazing performance and crowd interaction given by Billie-Joe and the other members of the band. There isn't anything that i HATE, but i would have to say the constant black and white back to colour is my least favourite thing about it. If it were stolen or lost, then I would definitely buy this DVD again, as I watch it whenever I am bored or need something to watch, just sitting doing nothing. // 9

Bullet In A Bible [DVD] Reviewed by: fencernick, on november 08, 2010

Sound: Green Day's Bullet in a Bible was filmed in London, England, during their European leg of the American Idiot in 2005 in the highly-praised Milton Keynes stadium. The DVD shows the pop-punk band from Oakland, California playing for over 3-hours straight (despite only 115 minutes of it being on DVD), rocking a full-house and leaving the audience begging for more. Performing in front of over 130,000 people in only two days, this concert DVD is definitely some good eye candy. Filmed by Samuel Bayer, director of all music videos from the album American Idiot and Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit video, this DVD is full of footage both on-stage and off-stage, and the songs performed appeal to the various Green Day audiences from the 90s to the 21st century. // 10

Overall Impression: Stunning. The DVD catches every dimension of Green Day, from featuring the entire touring band to even just the trio. Billie Joe Armstrong's wild antics on stage entertain audience members and have made me crack smiles and laughs here and there. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool take the stage as well many times in the film, and are focused on a good amount besides the band's frontman (which is good: if you're going to see a band live, the entire band should be the focus in my opinion). With hilarious, dramatic, inspiring backstage footage, the movie is well equipped and shows more than just the band onstage. This is definitely an amazing concert movie, and should be on the shelf of any concert movie fan, even if you dislike the band or love 'em. The band from Oakland, California takes the stadium by storm and their presence is menacing and amazing at the same time, and Bullet in a Bible is all that is needed to prove that. // 10

Comments