Bullet In The Bible review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
Green Day: Bullet In The Bible

Green Day usually has terrific sound and extremely catchy music, and "Bullet In The Bible" did not disappoint at all. This album exceeds what I expected in so many ways. They played many of their best songs. I only wish that it could have been longer or they had dropped out a few of their songs and replaced them with some others including (for example) "Homecoming", "She's A Rebel", or "Church On Sunday". Other than that, nothing spoiled this album in becoming one of their greatest (and one of my favorites).

Most of their songs have a deeper meaning and it is kind of fun of sit there and play each song and try to understand the lyrics, and then play it again and search for the deeper meanings. Green Day have their roots deep in Punk Rock and this means that their music kept me (and any other self-respecting Green Day fan) entertained throughout the entire album. Armstrong has a very unique voice and style of singing and this is one of the main features that sets Green Day apart from any other bands; no one sounds like Billie.

When compared with all other albums out nowadays, "Bullet In The Bible" stands up there with the best of them. I love how they have included most of their excellent songs from their arsenal but I wish they had included some others. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy it again or hunt the guy down, and turn him into Brain Stew and take it back.