Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

This has the typical Green Day sound to it. It has all power chords meshed together to make a great sound along with fantastic bass riffs and the original sound of Billy Joe's voice to go with. Tre cool is once again fantastic on the drums although hes better on later albums like Nimrod. All in all the sound on this is great typical Green Day style.

Billy Joe's voice adds great character to the lyrics like in "Pulling Teeth" where sings about getting beaten up by his girlfriend he puts a funny side on things I think its great. Then "She" is the lyrics are pretty simple but as always in most Green Day songs have a deep meaning.

this is album is one of Green Day's best it has the quality of great bass combined with great drumming great singing and amazing lyrics watch out for "When I Come Around", "She", "Pulling Teeth", "F.O.D" and "Longview". This album rates a 5 all over from me. It's one of my favourites!!! Go buy this album!

leony03
    livinginmisery
    ranking of the albums (not counting superhits) 1. Dookie 2. American Idiot 3. Insomniac 4. Kerplunk 5. Warning 6. Nimrod 7. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours 8. Shenanigans
    KeepDreamin'
    BILLIEJOE ROX!
    green day will never be "old" just because thev ben playd to much? thev ben around 4 16 years... they have over 140 songs ofcorse thel get playd alot ther an awsum band...
    sevenchurches
    Maggotkiller wrote:
    leony03 is wrong Nimrod is Green Day's best album.
    That's an opinion not fact. Insomniac is my favourite. Green Day get too much undeserved cred though
    y2james2005
    grrr! AMERICAN IDIOT IS FUCKING AWESOME!! i probably dont prefer it to dookie but american idiot is so different theres no comparison, homecoming is a masterpiece. but yeah dookie is legendary and probably there best. i love the first 2 aswell, 39/smooth and kerplunk...oh and insomniac n nimrod. haha thats pretty much all greendays stuff but its true!
    loserkid227
    people out there that dont no what that means it means its like there best album and always will be
    kez200
    Don't forget Dookie started it off. And it's cheap in most stores, cause it's older.
    Punkhuskie6
    guitarkid2113 wrote: GreenDay0013 wrote: Awesome album, the best punk album ever!!! I wouldn't go that far... It's a good album but deffinately not the best punk album. I would maybe call them punk but anyways... I think the best punk album has got to be "London Calling" by the Clash, or "Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols." I do like Dookie though.
    The Sex Pistols can go choke and die. One if not the most overrated band in the history of music.
    metalmania310
    great album. it's so wierd how i can't hate any song on this album. one thing i do have to mention is the song order on some of thier cds kinda sucks. its a little better on american idiot tho (not saying that american idiot is like my favorite album ever or anything like that.)but still, revolutionary punk album.
    hawkdude9
    livinginmisery wrote: KeepDreamin' wrote: ^I would not at all agree with that. Dookie is great, but they have better albums. so not true. Not only is it their best album but its also on my top 5 albums of the 90's. 1.Nevermind-Nirvana(Of course) 2.Superunknown-Soundgarden( A masterpiece) 3.Dookie-Green Day(did i really need to say the Bands name) 4.Bush-Sixteen Stone(Greatest Debut album I've ever heard) 5.Pearl Jam-Ten(In my opinion not as good as bush's debut but still very very good). I know i will get held up by that comment Besides Dookie, which is THE SHIT, all the other albums u listed r SHIT. Only 90s band I like is Green Day and they will be my fav forever
    wow...without pearl jam green day MIGHT NOT FUCKING EXIST smart one
    Donovant22
    Donovant22
    To all that say Green Day isn't punk are full of SHIT. Read my blog for details.
    guitarkid2113
    GreenDay0013 wrote: Awesome album, the best punk album ever!!!
    Punkhuskie6
    Donovant22 wrote: My top 5 albums of the 90s would be: 1. Smash (The Offspring) 2. Dookie (Green Day) 3. Nevermind (Nirvana) 4. Superunknown (Soundgarden) 5. Americana (The Offspring again)
    Maggotkiller
    leony03 is wrong Nimrod is Green Day's best album. American idiot blows and should be thrown into the nearest possible fire!! Dookie is also a good album of theirs.
    livinginmisery
    Ranking the songs on dookie 1. Welcome to Paradise 2. When I Come Around 3. Longview 4. She 5. F.O.D. 6. In The End (finally heard it) 7. All By Myself 8. Basket Case 9. Having A Blast 10. Burnout 11. Pulling Teeth 12. Chump 13. Sassafrass Roots 14. Emineus Sleepus 15. Coming Clean
    wildchild6660
    A Pop-Punk ablum in the middle of a grunge list. Interesting. Always nice to see an open minded dude.
    nerk13
    ^I would not at all agree with that. Dookie is great, but they have better albums. I just got this CD, finally. I love Longview, Chump, and Sassafrass Roots. The whole thing is pretty good, there wasn't a song on there I didn't like.
    wildchild6660
    "London Calling" is pretty good. But "Never mind the bollocks" is rubbish
    Bozjoarmstrong
    Its a great album but certainly not their best. Too many of the songs sound too similar. Basketcase and FOD stand out for me
    SnowMan1
    leony03 wrote: Dookie is there second best album (not including International SUperhits and things like that). American Idiot is the best!
    Slow down there. Dookie is their best album. American Idiot is barely an album let alone their best. It must of been the first album you herd from them.
    nerk13
    It may just be me my personal opinion, but I don't see Dookie as their best album.
    Dirt Bag Boy
    this is their best album to date American Idiot was not their best unlike what many have said this is what really started it (are you serious when u say that holiday is better than basket case?) this is the best end of story
    alexeipaish
    That's so not true, American Idiot is barely ven punk, it's pop. Dookie is by far the best Green Day album EVER!!!
    oZone_TNS
    in "Pulling Teeth" where sings about getting beaten up by his girlfriend
    Its actually about Mike getting beat up. Anyway Dookies not that great but theres some good songs. I like it but Kerplunk was definatly better. American Idiot is probally there best album and has got to be hard to top.
    mAFIa1039
    One of the best albums i own. Flawless. But u gave Pulling teeth an 8? Why? thats an awesome song. reminds me of me and my girlfriend haha. Mann i miss those days now we are all screwed with American Idiot, which actually was pretty good until the radio and t.v. got a hold of it. Damnnn you radio and T.V.!!!
    AJCreary
    In my oppinion, best punk album ever. I have to agree that American Idiot has its songs such as Homecoming and Holiday, but the rest of that album is all boring basically. It's way overplayed on the radio, at dances, on TV, everywhere. Seriously. It's way old now lol.
    RitchieRamone
    Punkhuskie6 wrote: Nothing will ever top Nevermind. Def not the Offspring and not even Green Day. The only kind of people who would say things like that have no clue how big of an impact Nevermind left. Its probably the greatest album of all time.
    Nirvana is overrated.