Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

Dookie...11 million copies sold..what can you say? It's just an amazing album. Every damn song I like on it and from Green Day's previous records (1030 and Kerplunk), Dookie was a large improvement. BJ kept it simple but his music material is just amazing. You can tell that this was a punk revival if you listen to some albums such as "London Calling" by the Clash and "Rocket to Russia" by the Ramones. They did a damn fine job of bringing punk back in the music scene.

Billie Joe is a philosopher god dammit! He has amazing lyrics, it's hard to believe a person can write lyrics like that when your in your an early adult(18-21). The lyrics fit great with the songs. BJ has amazing singing skills PERIOD.

This album would compare to no other because it was different from other albums. The songs that impressed the most were: Having a blast, When I come around, and Coming clean. I love the whole album, gotta love the FOD/all myself thing too! There is NOTHING I hate about this album. If it were stolen, I would buy another copy! This record is worth it's price, after all, it was 1994's best rock CD. Go get it my friends :D