Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

The sound of this Green Day is very agressive and loud. Billie Joe's riffs are very simple and catchy. Mike's basslines are catchy like in Longveiw for example it's a very catchy bassline. Tre Cool's drumming is full of energy. The sound of this album is different from all the grunge bands from that time period in music. The vocals are also different from the grunge bands of that time period. Very good sounding album. Very catchy the songs will stay in your head for awhile.

The lyrics are typical Green Day very simple. The song lyrics on the album are about boredom, masterbation, getting high, girls, sexuallity, and their lifestyles. The singer Billie Joe Armstrong's vocals are pretty original. The vocals fit the lyrics very well. You can relate to the lyrics on this album because many people go through these situations. These are good lyrics.

In my opinian it's Green Day's best album. It is very different than American Idiot. The most impressive songs on this album are Burnout, Longveiw, Welcome To Paradise, Pulling Teeth, She, When I Come Around, and FOD. I really like this album a lot, you should buy this album. If I lost it I would buy it again. You should go out and buy it.