Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

Being a Green Day fan, I have nothing to say but this is one ofn the greatest albums I ever heard from them. Anyone who says this album sucks is either lying or an complete idiot. From a neutral point of view, the songs have an uniqueness about them hat makes it attractive. The instruments are well-balanced, with none struggling to overcome the other, and best of all, no sudden volume changes. The guitar sound terrific, the distortion is good, nice and not to harsh, not too subtle. it's just right. The bass creeps through the sheer loudness of the guitar and drums and makes it's presence greatly felt. The drumming is good, given it is Tre's first album with BJ and Mike Dirnt. BJ's power chords may be easy and simple, but the way he makes the guitar sound so superb yet so easy just shows for his skill. His voice is good throughout the album, although the main problem is his pronouciation and enuciation. It is average, given that I misheard lyrics in many of the songs. It took a few looks at the lyrics booklet to get them right. Mike is brilliant with the bass, some songs have terrific bass solos to them. Tre's drumming is okay, I must say typical, but his skill cannot be denied. The songs are catchy; they stick in your head. I wanted to give it a ten, but no album is perfect, so a 9 is good enough.

The lyrics are probably the best part the album. Uniqueness plays are part in every song's sound, so are the lyrics. The singer's pronounciation skills actually kind of suck, cause I misheard lyrics. No matter what, it possesses the lyrics you will want to hear. Themes like love (She), girl-beats-boy domination (Pulling Teeth), isanity (Basket Case), boredom (Longview), hate (Chump), complete isanity (Having A Blast) and so much more other themes, but I wont list them all. My overall impression is that I'm completely awed at thee lyrics quality.

Comparing to all the other albums that I've, this is the best. All the songs are impressive, but Basket Case. When I Come Around and F.O.D are the most impressive songs on this album, not forgetting Longview. I love the album's absolutely unbeatable sound, I hate nothing. If it were stolen lost, I would buy other 5, and keep them like treasure. This is Green Day at their very best, and this album wont have many peers in terms of quality, sound and lyrics. It is simply incomparable.