Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

Ok this has to be the best album of all-time. It's so clean and so kid-friendly. Lol just kidding. It is, however, one of the best albums ever made in the history of rock music. It is pure Green Day. The amazing punk sound, bass riffs and solos, and drumming just make this CS sound so uniwue. Like in Welcome to Paradise. The guitar part isn't that complicated, but the bass solo is incredible and the speed that Tre' gets on the drums is unimaginable. Also, the bass part on Longview is easy, and yet not so easy as to be considered beginner. You get a 10 from me.

Now, here the CD doesn't shine AS much, but it still has meaning. The stuff before this, like Kerplunk, centered around gettin high and makin love. Which I have no problem with. But this CD goes a little deeper and talks about psycho chicks and beating off. LMAO. The best written song is When I Come Around. It has the most meaning. I played and sang that song to my ex-gf just after she broke up with me. Maybe I should've gone with She or Hold On. Oh, well, at least I was honest, right. Anyway, the lyrics get a 10 from me, because I should've sang All By Myself.

This CD was the 2nd one I got after American Idiot, and I think I like it more. Although American Idiot has more meaning, Dookie has better riffs and chords. People talk about how their music is too simplistic. Well, it works. It follows the Kiss principle (and not the knights in satans service one). 01. Burnout - pretty good opening song. Nothing special, but gets you into the feel and sound of the CD. 02. Having A Blast - I'm almost certain everyone has had this thought process through their heads at least once in their lifetime, especially if they listen to this type of music. Still a good song. 03. Chump - Not really that crazy about this song, but I like the transition to Longview. 04. Longview - The slacker's anthem. Absolutely love it! 05. Welcome To Paradise - describes my hometown perfectly. Probably my favorite song on the CD. 06. Pulling Teeth - kind of a weird song. Decent riffs though. 07. Basket Case - probably my least favorite of the singles, but descrbes a couple people in my family. Great. 08. She - doesn't really connect with me (gee I wonder why) but my gfs have said that it describes them to a point. Awesome lyric and very easy guitar part. 09. Sassafrass Roots - goofy song. Every one of Green Day's CDs have at least one of these. 10. When I Come Around - rivals Welcome To Paradise for my favorite on the CD, and probably in my top 10 of all time. Amazing lyric. 11. Coming Clean - probably my least favorite on the CD. Haven't reached 17 yet so I really can't connect with it (just turned 16). 12. Emineus Sleepus - proves once for all that Billie Joe is a better songwriter than Mike, but it sounds like it describes one of his friends. It describes one of mine. 13. In The End - haven't actually heard this one. My copy was found by my little brother the second day I had it and he scratched it up a little bit. So now it skips. From what I've been able to make out it seems alright. 14. F.O.D. - been looking for a good tab for this one but haven't found it yet. It probably qualifies as the CD's ballad, but not close enough to make the CD complete. I agree with it wholeheartedly though. 15. All By Myself - ilarious hidden track. Two of these songs are on my top 10 songs of all time, and 4 are in my top 50.