Dookie review by Green Day

• Released: Feb 1, 1994
Green Day: Dookie

From the moment I started hearing Dookie, I knew it was one of the best examples of punk rock I have ever heard. To some people, it may sound just noisy, with no melody to it. But to some others who appreciate punk rock, this album will be a classic example. Songs like Burnout come with such a bang that it makes some people, like me, play it over and over again for at least a dozen times. Another classic song from this album that reappears on another Green Day album later on is Basket Case. It is a classic punk/alternative track that just enters your head with a huge bang and stays there for a very long time.

The lyrics for this album are based on more general topics, unlike a lot of other albums, which has love as their theme. I think this is quite normal for punk rock artists. As for the singers skills, they are not that great. However, his singing is very unique. This voice is recognizable anywhere.

Compared to most other artists, this album has more punk rock to it. A few of the most impressive songs are Welcome To Paradise, Basket Case and Burnout. If this album was lost/stolen, I would most probably buy it again This album demonstrates amazing styles of punk rock that I feel is a good album to add to your collection.