Insomniac review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 9, 1995
Green Day: Insomniac

I love how Billie took his songwriting a step further. He made his guitar chords sound darker, his voice darkened, almost everything about this album's sound is perfect. It seemed that it would be impossible to make an album that matched Dookie's sound. But then this came out and it was better in my mind. It's not just Billie who took another step musically, Mike's bass riffs improved too. Especially on the song: Stuart And The Avenue.

As I mentioned earlier, his lyrics and voice darkened. I think that in this album, he's not afraid to let people know how he feels. This album wasn't named insomniac just for show. The thrashing lyrics keep me up all night long. (When I want to) I just love listening to this album.

It doesn't really compare to any other of Green Day's albums, but you can still tell it's Green Day by the sound of their voices. My favorite songs on this album are Armatage Shanks, Brat, Stuck With Me, Geek Stink Breath, No Pride, Bab's Uvula Who, 86, Panic Song, and basically every other song on this album. I already mentioned everything that I love in the first paragraph, besides the fact that I can play any song on this album and sound good because the guitar parts are so easy. That doesn't make it bad at all though. If it were stolen, I'd chase the dirty bastard down with a shovel and beat the living shit out of them. If it were lost, I'd go into a state of withdrawl until I go to the store and buy it again.