Insomniac review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 9, 1995
Green Day: Insomniac

This one isn't classic Green Day, but it's still pretty good in it's own right. There's certainly some great songs on here for sound. This contains the likes of "Geek Stink Breath" and "Brain Stew" which have to be Green Day classics, even if the album isn't. Some of the guitar parts have you hanging on a knife edge on here. Such as "Brainstew"/"Jaded" and "Bab's Uvula Who?". I can't get enough of those guitar parts, even if they are simple enough.

They're good, but not very audible. Billie Joe is a good singer, but it doesn't show on here, because you can't hear him, and that's a real loss. The lyrics could have been written better too, judging by the lyrics that I could actually hear and the ones that I read from the internet/inner cover. So, not a bad effort overall, but could have been better.

I think that this album is a good listen for a while, but it could have been better, and if it was, I would buy it all over again. It's a shame that the volume of guitar over-powers everything else, too. But I suppose that's the price of punk. It's also a shame that the tracks are so short. The longest track on here is "Brain Stew" at 3:12 and the shortest is it's partner, "Jaded" at 1:30 (though, I suppose that together they made a pretty long single).