International Superhits review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 13, 2001
Green Day: International Superhits

This album is how I was introduced to Green Day and i picked it up for 7, because my mate had recommened it and I thought why not give it a try. When I listened to it I was absolutely blown away with Billie Joe's amazing vocals which seemed to even penetrate the deepest parts of my ear drum. Bothe he and Mike Dirnt (the Bassist)provide catchy tunes that will keep you entertained for hours on end. Also the drummer, Tre' Cool adds some thumping drum beats that without the album would not recieve its full appreciation.

When I first heard the lyrics to all the songs I was abit bemused with the actual words that Billie Joe uses. Yet after listening to it numerous times I have found that the lyrics that Billie Joe uses in this song a re quite poignant and personal yet I don't feel that I can fully relate to all of them yet some of them are really cool e.g. Minority & Basket Case.

Before I bought this album I wasn't really into much Punk yet this album has opened my eyes to the likes of Rancid, NoFx, The Clash and many more. The best thing about this album is that it has influenced me into buying more Green Day. I have bought Dookie and Warning aswell now due to listening to this album. I'd say the best tracks are Longview, Brain Stew, Hitchin' A Ride and Macy's Day Parade. I would definitely recommend to anybody who has been a fan of Green Day for a long time and to somebody who has just been introduced to them. Go out and buy it.