International Superhits review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 13, 2001
Green Day: International Superhits

Amazing clarity for a punk rock type sound. I find the ratio from the distortion to the actual singing to be very near perfection. You can understand what Billy Joe is saying with ease, which is very different from say Weezer or something similar. I noted that the guitar, bass, and drums were in fine balence as well. Overall, surpirsing clarity and balence of the sound.

The lyrics, gathered from various other cds, are choice. They represent Billy's feelings, thoughts, things he hates, and really you can relate something from the songs to your life. That sounds really deep, but it's really true. Poprocks And Coke talks about always being there, Basket Case for me is all about having some self problems, and the songs are of good variety; not all about girls, not about hate, and stuff like that. Stood out to me as each song having a specific meaning well conveyed through Billy's actually very good singer voice.

This was my first punk rock and Green Day album. I have all the other albums now, and it (International Superhits) is probably my favorite album. Not just of Green Day, but of all my alternative rock cds. I like the presentation of the cd (cover, song names [as unimportant as is sounds], the inclusion of the lyrics, and other little stuff like that) as well as the songs included. Time Of Your Life is an internationally recognized song, used in movies and other events, and Hitchin' A Ride and Basket Case are standards for incoming guitarists. Brain Stew is commonly recognized even by non-rockers, and was used in the Godzilla soundtrack. I would suggest this album to anyone who wants a good rock cd, or just wants a cd. This album has really come down in price over the past few years, but its worth every penny. If you're considering, buy it now. Hesitation is out of the question. It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life.