International Superhits review by Green Day

• Released: Nov 13, 2001
Green Day: International Superhits

About 5 or 6 years of Green Day history on one albumn does mean varying styles. The songs from Insomniac are mainly in powerchords and most of the songs on warning are recorded on acoustic guitar. There is a good mix of upbeat tracks and ballads throughout the CD.

What can I say. Billie Joe Armstrong is a lyrical genious! His lyrics are so powerful and painfully true, e.g. 'Welcome To Pardise' about living on your own for the first time and it basically being an uphill struggle. Words cannot describe just how talented and supremely gifted I think he is!

If you're a fairly new listener and only own American Idiot then buy this. It's cheeper than buying all four albums it is made up of (Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning) and has some truley great punk tracks and ballads. If I lost this I would go and buy it again immedietly. My favourite songs are 'She' because no-one can copy the way Billie Joe sings it, and 'Welcome To Paradise' because it is the bitter truth. All the songs rock and I wish I could say all are my favourites! Green Day rock!