Kerplunk review by Green Day

• Released: Jan 17, 1992
Green Day: Kerplunk

The sound on this album is raw and cheap mainly cause they wasn't on a major record deal yet. But even for a raw, live sounding recording that sound on this album is surprisingly good and well done. The music style in this album are basicly the pop-punk sound style that Green Day invented, and if it's not broking why fix it? Damn right! There is no reason to change their style. What you have in this album for music style is damn good pop punk sound with the odd quite impressive guitar solo. The guitar playing on this album is pretty good, I mean that great thing about Billy Joe's guitar playing is that people listen to his riffs and think "oh he's only playing power chords" when really he is a pretty good guitarist if you listen to some of the solos he has done. Ok he's no Slash/Hammett/Mustaine/Murray/Hendrix/Satriani or Vai but he is one of the best punk guitarists out there. The bass playing from Mike is the usual awesome! I'm not a bassist (I'm a guitarist) but even I can respect his bass parts. The drum sound isn't Tre's best work but its pretty good, in my opinion Tre' Cools best drum work is done on the pop-punk masterpiece that is "Dookie." But I ain't on about that.

The lyics are near enoug the same they have always been for this genre but why complain. No matter how big the complains you hear from people that "they always go on about girls and s--t" but people can defiently relate to them. So I say to them people, try to be a bit open minded, I know I am. Escically because I'm a metal head obsessed with Metallica/Slayer (who I have seen live) and Iron Maiden. But even a metal head like me likes this stuff so maybe you would to if you gave it a try. The lyrics go with the music like ketchup goes with toast (is that just me then?) not but seriously now. The lyrics goes with the music pretty damn good.

I can't beleive I'm the 2nd person to review this great album. What the f--k is up with that? In my opinion this is a awesome album from the un-mature Green Day and is easily their most under-rated album. The most impressive songs on this album are Christie Road (un-belivably good, it's a ballad type song and is very addictive). No One Knows (again another addictive ballad type song, this and Christie Road are like cocaine dipped on chocolate and caramel and smoothered in chocolate. In other words addictive to the extreme). My Generation (cover, orignally done by The Who. This is a great cover and is awesome, the who would be proud of this in my opinion). What Do I love about this album - everything. What do I hate about this album, it has to end sooner or later! If this album was stolen I would find the f--ker who did it and kill him with that damn anoying crazy frog ringtone! (Only joking no one deserves something that evil). I would probably beat the s--t out of the person who did it with my guitar full of stickers. Yes I would defiently buy it again. I mean it's a bargain. I got it from Musiczone for 7. Thats a bloody bargain. Worth every penny. I've said my bit about this great album and the rest, as they would say, is history.