Kerplunk review by Green Day

• Released: Jan 17, 1992
Green Day: Kerplunk

Okay first off why doesn't anyone have this album? Probably no one can find it. I had to order this album from Lookout Records and I sugest you do too. The sound of this album is way different from dookie or american idiot but I still think this is an album any GD fan should have. The songs on this album sound similar to those on 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours. Honestly I think every song on this album is great but the songs that stand out the most are "2000 Light Years Away", "One For The Razorbacks", "Christie Road", "One Of My Lies", "No One Knows", "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" and the cover of the Who's "My Generation." Thats almost half the CD. This is Green Day's First CD with Tre. Billie Joe does some really good guitar solos and some catchy guitar riffs. Mike also adds really great bass riffs as always. No one can compare to Billie's crazy voice.

I love the lyrics on this album! Especially on "2000 Light Years Away", "One Of My Lies", and "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" The lyrics may be about s and love but they're still amazing lyrics. Tre wrote and sang the song "Dominated Love Slave" which can't really be described as anything else but a Tre song. "Dominated Love Slave" sounds nothing like the other songs on this album.

This is my favorite Green Day album and if it were stolen or lost I would buy it/order it again right away. I love this album and every song on it. This album also features the Sweet Children EP, which includes the cover of the Who's "My Generation." The packet that comes with the album also includes a story called "My Adventure With Green Day."