Kerplunk review by Green Day

• Released: Jan 17, 1992
Green Day: Kerplunk

On this album the bands sound is very good and sound tighter because tre cool is drumming. Also the sound quality is better than smoothed out. Billie Joes simple but effective guitar riffs are all still there but there are not as many improvised solos than the previous album which is a downer. Mike Dirnts bass playing is better on this album though. The band seem to be a bit more mature, as not all the songs are about girls.

The lyrics on this album are better than smoothed out, Billie Joes writing skills had improved and he thought more about what he was writing. Billie Joe on this album also started writing about being bored and having nothing to do. This works very well and he uses it alot on the later albums. The singing is a bit less poppy than on smoothed out slappy but yep the pop is still there. Billies singing does not really change much from the album before, but it's still great!

I think this is another classic greenday album. Its got all the catchy riffs and interesting lyrics that smoothed out has and its got some amzing songs on it like, Christie Road, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, 2000 Light Years Away and the funny Dominated Love Slave. For me though this album just aint as good as smoothed out slappy hour though. It should be I mean the lyrics and sounds are better but I just dont think it packs the punch that smoothed out does and it also has some dodgy songs on. I think this is still a must have for any greenday fan but if your going to get this, get 1039/smoothed out slappy hour as well.