Kerplunk review by Green Day

• Released: Jan 17, 1992
Green Day: Kerplunk

I had been a fan of Green Day ever since I first heard them around the time Dookie came out which means that i was two when I first heard them. I listened to them a lot over the years but never got any of their pre-major label work until I bought this CD at a used CD store for five bucks. I was amazed at what I heard, From the first track to the last, I had picked my favorite green day album. This was more of the brutal recording i love and the guitar solos were awesome. Also the version of Welcome to Paridise on here is way better not only cause it has more focus on the bass which kicked ass anyway, but also the sound quality matches the songs mood well. The last four tracks from the Sweet Children ep were a well placed treat to something that was already perfect. Also Tre's drumming is great here too. One of the most underrated drummers.

Lyrics. They are vintage Green Day. The songs are all about the things pissed off teenagers can relate to but it doesnt put the message out there immediately. The lyrics seem really grown up for a young band. As with Billie Joe's singing..... top notch. I love Christie Road just for his voice if it were just that. No one can sing like he can. in a good way.

Every song on this is amazing. But I really love Christie Road, Android, One Of My Lies, No One Knows, Who Wrote Holden Caufield, and Best Thing In Town. I wonder how many people own this because this is essential album not just green day but essential period. And If someone stole it from me, i would torture them brutally. Enough said