Kill The DJ review by Green Day

• Released: Aug 14, 2012
Green Day: Kill The DJ

This is one of Green Day's most mature sounding songs musically. The guitar is more lead than rhythm on this song. The drums, bass, and guitar work perfectly together. Very catchy, addictive riff.

If I could use one word to describe the lyrics on this song, I would pick "WOW". The lyrics are grittier than they have ever been, the language used by Billie is rather... Colorful. And one last thing. VIOLENCE. Very graphic violence. One reference to Christians that some may find disturbing. The song earned it's Parental Advisory very well.

Very good. The album, "¡Uno!", comes out on September 25th. (My birthday!) Head over to GreenDay.com for more news on the new albums!

FallenDestiny
    I thought this song is one of Green Day's better songs instrument-wise, but otherwise, just boring/uninspired
    sideslick
    I really hope Green Day is just pulling a Double Van Halen "Tattoo" on us.
    WWTCT
    The lyrics aren't gritty, they're ****ing shit. Green Day have so many better songs (lyrically and musically.)
    Nerdpunx
    Oh love and this was just awful... I want more of that Let Yourself Go kinda stuff. Reminds me of Kerplunk and Dookie. I'm not gonna buy this album ever.
    JoshDA7X
    I actually like Oh Love better. I'm holding for the trilogy in the hope that they pull another American Idiot and give us a good album.
    GangsterLi
    I wouldn't say they've "explores many different styles in rock"... Just my two cents to the above
    RickyThomson
    It's okay... anything will beat the songs from 21st century breakdown (worst album by green day in my opinion). I like the fact they're using what seems to be "The Clash" sound. I can hear that in the guitar parts of both the songs they have released so far. Not totally amazing, but if it gets the kids of today interested in The Clash, then thats great.
    Scorpious
    It's their ****ing band, not your's people! Is Billie Joe asking you to listen to his song? No of course he isn't! You chose to listen to it and you demand that you want old Green Day stuff. Well **** you guys! You have your old Green Day stuff. Go and listen to them, don't ask for new ones. Green Day have explored many different styles in Rock and this seems to be another spree like that. Don't ruin it for them and us, for those who like the song.
    caeser1156
    If music isn't made for people to listen to then what's the point of it?
    thatbassistdude
    The band said themselves that they make this music for themselves and if other people like it, then cool.