Kill The DJ review by Green Day

• Released: Aug 14, 2012
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Green Day: Kill The DJ

Biggest Green Day fan speaking, and I must say I am a little confused. One side of me loves the sound of guitars, but the stronger one tells me This is Green Day, the guitars should be distorted! I seriously don't know if that kind of a genre leap is good for their next work. I seriously think "American Idiot" is the greatest album ever made, and thinking about that makes me feel sad, because I know I wont be able to hear anything that's quite fantastic, if they proceed in that way.

I love the idea of slaying every DJ in the world, and I love how Billie expressed himself in amusing way. But I had issues before with repetition of their chorus to many times. Its not cool to say "Someone kill the DJ 6, shoot the fu**ing DJ" 6 times in chorus. And that's the whole chorus. I don't get that, so I am giving it a 6.

I am impressed with idea of finding the new rock sound that will be in our memories for centuries, but I don't see that starting with the "Kill The DJ". So, is it catchy? Yes. Does it match the modern standards? Yes, considering todays music is "Dookie". But, does it ever make you feel like you re part of the story, or that you just wanna take your shirt off and dance? Well, it really doesn't!