Life Without Warning [DVD] Review

7.9
 8.7
review (1) 20 comments vote for this album:
Life Without Warning [DVD] Reviewed by: hew-jass, on july 29, 2008

Sound: I don't know if this DVD is available in the UK because I bought it in Italy. Green Day's DVD took 8 years to come out after the Warning tour. Most likely because of their publicity at the moment with "American Idiot". The DVD itself is satisfactory with the actual sound. There are two parts to the DVD and the first was a 40 minute concert filmed for MTV. This means that in songs such as "Hitchin' A Ride" and "Long View" the swear words are edited out. But the sound none the less is satisfactory. Billie Joe Armstrong's voice hits the notes reasonably well in most songs and the bass lines can be heard well during Mike Durnt's solos such as the intro to "Long View" and "Welcome To Paradise". // 7

Overall Impression: Comparing this DVD to the "Bullet In A Bible" DVD this is a bit of a disappointment. But the fact that seeing Green Day younger and packed with attitude makes the DVD worth buying. The only thing I'd say about being really bad in this DVD is that the second show is edited and this is noticable because after playing "Hitchin' A Ride" it edits to the End of the band playing "Geek Stink Breath" and your left wondering why Billie Joe is not wearing his trousers anymore. If I lost this DVD I may buy it again but it wouldn't be a big miss to my collection. // 6

Comments