Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
Green Day: Nimrod

Its hard for me to give an unbiased opinion on their sound, because i have reviewed 3 of GD's albums. I am a big fan of these guys, so i would have to say at least listen to this album if you dont know the Green Day sound already. It is pretty original, and this showcases them across the board. In all, its either raw & crunchy or overdriven power chords(depending on the song, not much switching) over Mikes sweet clean bass, with Billie Joe singing as he always does, and Tre pounding out the madd drum riffs. Thats about it.

This album differs from the rest of the album, seeing as it is a little depressing. Some of the stuff is just weird. Like "King For a Day." Honestly, who sings about cross-dressers? I dont. But on the other hand, songs like "Worry Rock" have redeeming qualities which make Armstrong look like a f*ing philosopher. Singer skills? Why ask, you already know he can belt it out like none other. The Lyrics tie with the music incredibly, i wouldnt have believed it myself, just reading the lyrics, i couldnt see how they fit, but in the end its right...

This is one of Green Day's better albums, along with 1039/Smooth, Insomniac, Warning, Shananigans, Money Money 2020 by The Network(yes, Its them), Dookie, and International Superhits. Hell, buy em all, I did, and i am happy. Im not saying Green Day can bring eternal happieness, but well, actually, they can. Buy Nimrod.