Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Green Day: Nimrod

This was the seconed Green Day CD I'd gotten my first was american Idiot (don't be jugeing I got it beucase people were talking about them I wanted to hear and I loved the sound so I bought a couple of early albums this being the seconed). It's a good CD but not nearly close to American Idiot or there CD/DVD combo Bullet In A Bible, the first few songs were amazing, I really loved Nice Guys Finish Last, The Grouch, Redundant And Good Riddance (Time OF Your Life). The music styles very everything from very folky to very rawchy punk it's good but better green day LP's out there this would be the third best(would still be seconed had bullet in a bible not taken first and bumped American Idiot to seconed).

Most of the songs Billie is muttering too much so I didn't get a good view of the lyrics unless it was a slower song or one ware the guitars were played at a lower volume. The lyrics compliance with the music was mediocer and sub-par could have been better but it's pretty close to what we hear from green day now but not as rwanchy. Billie's skill isn't exacly the best on this album, he was getting out of the very hard to hear vocals of Dookie, but not quite at the quality he is at now, at least they aren't singing about masturbation anymore.

It compairs better then International Superhits, Dookie, Kurplunk and 39/Smooth. The most impressive songs are for me Good Riddance, Nice Guys Finish Last, Redundant The Grouch and Platypus (I Hate You). I love that it is really Green Day's third best work, that it can compeate with american idiot yet blows there early works away, you can really see that Nimrod is the base for all of there newer works like Warning and American Idiot, I haven't heard Shinanagins so hence I can't use that as a messureing stick. If lost or stolen I'd cry my eyes out beucase my mom bought it for me as a christmas present a year ago (the one before the one that just passed) then I'd go down to HMV and guy it again.