Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
Green Day: Nimrod

If you knew me and I said I liked Green Day, you'd probably be surprised. I'm pretty much a metalhead. I like bands as extreme as Nile, which are as far away from these guys as you can get. So why am I reviewing a Green Day album? Because they kick ass. They used to, anyway. Many people know of them becasue of their 'American Idiot' album, which is a damn shame, as this is easily their best effort. It's easily better then Dookie or American Idiot. Sure, the music isnt too complicated, but it's good stuff, through and through. Billy Joe is a good singer, gets the job done, even though hes a faggot nowadays. His guitar tone is perfect for this type of music. Tre has always been a good drummer, and this is no exception. Same goes for Mike. Once again, good, quality stuff.

As I said, BJ is a good singer. Goes perfect with the music. The lyrics can be deep (Scattered, Prosthetic Head) or just f--kin' weird. It goes good, which is why so many people like Green Day.

As I said before, Green Day's best effort. Combines the anger/darkness of Insomniac, punk edge of '39 Smooth, all without the crappy, poppiness of American Idiot. Best songs are Hithchin A Ride, Prosthetic Head, Haushinka, The Grouch. Hell, most of em are good. If you think American Idiot is good, listen to this. It trumps AI times 5000.