Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
Green Day: Nimrod

This album is fantastic. Green Day are one of my favourite bands and this is my favourite Green Day album. Although it is less of a punk album than Insomniac or Dookie it still has a 'classic Green Day' feeling about it. Although the song riffs are simple, they are memorable- particuarly in Hitchin a Ride and Time of your life. The pace of the album is perfect- with the 18 songs lasting less than 50 minutes (I prefer short songs). Overall, the sound is perfect and well produced so I'd have to give it a 9.

As you would expect, Billie Joe Armstrong's lyrics are faultless. There is a great selection of lyrics as the songs vary from the hilarious King for a Day which is about a cross-dresser to the more meaninful and melodic Time of your life. Billie Joe's vocals have also improved greatly since Insomniac and Mike Dirnt's backing vocals are great as well.

In my opinion, this is easily the best Green Day album. All 18 of the songs on it are worth listening to which is something you dont get on most albums. Even the instrumental Last Ride In is a great song! My favourite songs on it are Hitchin a Ride because of the main riff and because it's so uplifting and Time of your Life because the acoustic guitar sounds great with the vocals. There isn't really a fault, although if you prefer most songs to be more than 3 minutes then it isnt the album for you. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely replace it straight away because I couldn't imagine my CD collection without it.