Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
Green Day: Nimrod

This album is unique, a lot like any other Green Day album, in sound. It went with an approach to combine the happy moods of Dookie, the dark moods of Insomniac, and the serious side that they had never shown. It also still had it's punk elements, but they showed they are more than just slightly distorted guitars. For crying out loud, there is a harmonica on "Walking Alone". Billie Joe had some songs with clean guitar riffs, and we all know the famous acoustic ballad, "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". Mike Dirnt continues to impress me and did a great job with bass on this album. He is easily one of the best bassists in punk, and like one of the guys above me said, alternative music. Tre Cool really works with the song for his drumming. His drumming seems to be perfectly playing off each song. Great job with this album for those three.

The words in the lyrics have a deep and powerful meaning. Each song shows a different meaning. Billie Joe's vocals seem to match the mood set by the music and lyrics. I also believe that Mike Dirnt's backing vocals are more compatible than any other lead singer/back-up vocalist combination there is in music. Great songwriting, great singing.

Many people are judging Green Day based on American Idiot. Do not! This, Dookie, Insomniac, and the rest of their earlier albums are their best ones. I personally recommend this album more than any other Green Day album. Songs on here that I like is "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)", "Redundant", "Prosthetic Head," oh hell, I recommend the whole friggin album, all 18 songs! This is my favorite CD of all time. If this was stolen, I would maim that person. I would rebuy this CD in a heartbeat.