Nimrod review by Green Day

• Released: Oct 13, 1997
Green Day: Nimrod

This is, in my opinion, the album that sums up Green Day. It has their hardest stuff on here (Platypus, Take Back) and their softest stuff (Last Ride In, Good Riddance). It's their most complete album, but isn't their best album. The riffs are simplish, but it works.

Well, lets start with the singers. Billie Joe, as always, sings incredibly. Mike does an alright job backing, but he's a better bassist then singer. Now the lyrics. The lyrics range from suicidal/emo (walking alone, reject, nice guys finish last) to angry/f--k the world (take back, platypus, the grouch), to encouraging hope songs (good riddance) to overall meaningless fun songs (hitchin' a ride, all the time). It has everything.

01. Nice Guys Finish Last - good first song. Catchy lyrics and describes a sad reality. 02. Hitchin' A Ride - Goofy song, kinda. Not a real meaning, but makes for an easygoing single. 03. The Grouch - very funny/angry song. People have gotten in fights over this song. My father heard it and now he can't stand anything about rock. 04. Redundant - great lyrics. Simple riffs. Simple, good song. 05. Scattered - ok song, space filler. 06. All The Time - one of my favorites on the CD. "Time flies when ur having fun ya. Time's up when you work like a dog." Perfect. 07. Worry Rock - one of my least favorites. Decent, but nothing standout. 08. Platyous (I Hate You) - love the lyrics. "No one loves you and you know it don't pretend that you enjoy it or you don't care." Told my teacher that after she gave me an F on the semester final. 09. Uptight - nothing special. 10. Last Ride In - a lot of people don't get this song. Me neither, for that matter. However, it makes a nice transition song, and it's very relaxing to listen to when ur stressed. Prbably one of my favorites. 11. Jinx - not my favorite. 12. Haushinka - you know Billie Joe had to meet a girl with this name. It's just impossible to actually come up with such a believeably stupid name. Good song, too. 13. Walking Alone - not one of my favorites, but not one of my least favorites either. Simple guitar riff and good lyrics. 14. Reject - could've done more with this song than they did, but good anyway. 15. Take Back - punk at it's angriest. Awesome song. 16. King For A Day - don't like this song at all. Can't stang drag queens. 17. Good Riddance - legendary. Need I say more. 18. Prostetic Head - good closer, but not standout.