Oh Love review by Green Day

• Released: Jul 16, 2012
Green Day: Oh Love

"Oh Love" is the first song released from Green Day's highly anticipated new trilogy of albums: "Uno!", "Dos!" and "Tre!" My first impression of the song was that it was good but fairly repetitive, however on my second listen I definitely grew to it more due to the hooks of the verse and the extremely catchy chorus which is quite a new sound for Green Day. Billie said that "we were thinking about making a killer power-pop record dirtier, back to basics" and this really shines through in "Oh Love".

The song starts with just Billie and a crunchy guitar, before an organ slowly enters and Mike and Tre join the song and the chorus breaks through. The melody that's put with the lyrics "Far away, far away, waste away tonight" gives me a feel that it would fit as a b-side on "American Idiot". After another round of the pumping verse and the addictive chorus, a well needed guitar solo bursts through. I personally love this solo, and it gives a great feel to the song. "Oh Love" is the final track on "Uno!" and I think this solo will end the album perfectly in true Green Day fashion. After the solo, it returns to the introduction. By the time it comes round to the final chorus you will most definitely be singing along.

Billie said that "with the first album you're getting in the mood to party. On the second one, you're at the party. And the third album you're cleaning up the mess." I can definitely relate to what Billie has said, because "Oh Love" is a song that starts off fairly dull but it really builds up, and with it being the last song on the album, it sets up "Dos!" perfectly to release its high party energy. Please check out www.shavedtuna.wordpress.com for more music reviews!

schirripar
    The tempo is so slow. It's something a Green Day fan isn't used to hearing from the band. It's like a Green Day song at a Weezer tempo.
    BloodyPumpkins
    I dig everything by these guys, except "21st Century Breakdown". This single didn't made me very excited either. :/ Inb4, super funny people making eyeliner jokes...
    TheBandies
    Not totally a "Green Day" sound, but I liked it. Super poppy and catchy. Fun to sing to, little repetitive however There are some cool harmonies are thrown in.
    Bozjoarmstrong
    I hated it. 5 minutes of nothing very interesting happening, it wouldn't have been so bad had it taken half the time. Billie Joe just sounds like he's making up the lyrics as he goes along too. Really was expecting so much better!
    mercury23
    i couldn't finish it, it was so bad. And its not even because its not what you expect from Green Day, the song just isn't very good period
    Metallidethium
    I've never disliked anything they've ever done and I'm sure these albums will be no different. I enjoy this song very much.. it's catchy as hell and it doesn't even feel like 5 minutes long.
    RitchieRamone
    I don't like the song. But they've been my favourite band since 1999 and the previews look awesome so I'm sure the albums are gonna turn out great! This is a closing track anyway, so it has to be a bit lazy.
    bobt68021
    I want it to be good soo bad but i know it'll be mediocre if best, which is still better than what they've been doing recently
    Mike7x
    This is a closing track anyway, so it has to be a bit lazy.
    Don't know what the hell this means ^...., but I feel like eventually this song might grow on me. For some reason I keep hoping Green Day will stop disappointing me but they really don't.... anyway, going to give the new albums a chance and hope they are far less annoying than anything from "American Idiot"